Samsung Galaxy Tab 3: Who's getting one ??

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nice seeing Samsung rolling out the new Galaxy Tab 3. Even better is seeing the price range at which the 7 inch version is hitting the streets at, $199 as mentioned in the blog by our own Alex Dobie. This puts it in the playing field going up against the Google Nexus 7 which has been undoubtedly a huge hit despite some of the problems assoiciated with the ASUS manufactured Google/Nexus tablet.

Here's some more information from the blog below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-3/

Again will you be getting one?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Nice seeing Samsung rolling out the new Galaxy Tab 3. Even better is seeing the price range at which the 7 inch version is hitting the streets at, $199 as mentioned in the blog by our own Alex Dobie. This puts it in the playing field going up against the Google Nexus 7 which has been undoubtedly a huge hit despite some of the problems assoiciated with the ASUS manufactured Google/Nexus tablet.

Here's some more information from the blog below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-3/

Again will you be getting one?

Bought my dad a Nexus 7 last year for his birthday, and it became his prized possession. He carried it to work, used it for entertainment on the Subway, was constantly browsing or gaming at home... in other words, it became an integral part of his life. Well, two days ago, I get a very somber call from my dad while at work informing me that he dropped his Nexus 7 and the screen cracked, becoming virtually unresponsive in some areas. Seeing that his birthday is coming up soon, I bought him the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 yesterday, opened it to check for any physical defects (Best Buy has only a 15 day return policy), and stored it away until his birthday arrives. I played with it at Best Buy, and it was truly incredible.

Many complain about the supposedly antiquated dual core processor, but in my experiences, the number of cores count only for the spec hungry people on this site. The processor in the Tab 3 8.0 is, I believe, similar to the one found in the Nexus 10. Anyway, the performance from the demo unit was flawless. The screen was beautiful. Yes, yes, I understand that 1080p is the new "it" factor for many, but in all honesty, my dad (who is in his early 60s) couldn't care less about that. I played with the display, and I have found that the approx. 720p display is absolutely perfect for most needs (But Oh Noes! If I put my nose to it I can see the PIXELS GOD FORBID). I also chose the 8 inch because, after playing with it, I found it to be the absolute PERFECT compromise between the portability of a 7 inch tablet and the convenience of a 10 inch one. I truly love how the Tab 3 resembles the GS4, and it is truly a beautiful device. Oh, and the 1.5gb of RAM is a noticeable and marked improvement over the 1gb found in the Nexus 7.

If I could trade in my Nexus 7 for a Tab 3 8.0, I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm gonna be very very jealous of my dad, that's for sure.

tthoma

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Me! Was delivered yesterday. Replacement for the original Kindle Fire. Waiting for someone to root and share!

ETA: the 8 inch version

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to get a Tab 3 if the opportunity presents itself. We'd love to hear about the tablet from those who have purchased the device. How does it stack up to the N7?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Tab 2 7.0, and I admit, I wouldn't mind trading it for a Tab 3.

Sent from a Carbon Galaxy S3.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I played with one. The screen compared to my Note 10.1 is great. Still won't give up s pen.

Posted via Android Central App

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I purchased one on Tuesday, after buying its little (7) brother the day before, and its hands down the best of the two. I do wish they made a 7" version of the 8 though- 7 performs and feels budget, 8 just feels like a quality device.

Plow13

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
8 got the 8 inch version I love it so far it's been awesome it's so light I've switched over from iPad 3. I recently just switched over from iOS to Android when I got my s4 and it only made sense to get the Galaxy Tab 3

Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I now have a nexus 7 and have been very happy with it for close to a year.....I was waiting for the Nexus 7.2 and was hoping for an 8 inch one, but if looks like Google is going to stick with the 7inch form factor...that being said I'm seriously thinking of buying the Galaxy tab 3 8.0....seems like it would fit my needs size wise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

zoggybottom

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the Tab 3 8-inch the day it came out and love it. It's the perfect size, bigger than 7" but can still one-hand it. I would have loved better specs (or a lower price), but the real world performance is what matters to me most and it's great.

Now I just need to find a cover that I like... thinking more like a phone cover, not the book cover Samsung offers.

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to head out and get the 8". I really considered getting the Note 8 and saw some refurbished ones for almost the same price but that disappeared. I'm upgrading from an HP Touchpad running CyanogenMod, which was never really portable enough. I'm looking forward to something I can take with me everywhere, read more comfortably, and which actually fits in the stand for a bluetooth keyboard I bought a while ago.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I definitely won't be upgrading. I currently own the Galaxy tab 2, and the 3 just does not seem enough of an upgrade to be worth it. The physical home button is another minus, because I have found the one on my Samsung phone to be annoying, and tend to wear out my finger very fast. For those just getting a new Samsung tablet, this may be the way to go, but for those who already own a tab 2, this just does not seem enough of an upgrade to be worth it.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I won't. I'll be waiting on the new nexus 7. By the way anyone looking to speed up their tab 2 try cyanogenmod.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I won't. I'll be waiting on the new nexus 7. By the way anyone looking to speed up their tab 2 try cyanogenmod.

HTC One - Unlocked, ARHD 12, Bulletproof Kernel, Several mods.
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

I have had CyanogenMod for about six months now. It is the best thing I did to my tab. I definitely agree, and would recommend it to anyone looking to fix any lag or slowdowns that you are having. Just be sure and research well before doing it.

shady28

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I would wait for the new nexus 7. The Galaxy Tab 3 7 / 8 seem like very minor updates to the Galaxy Tab 7 and 7.7 to me.

I still can't believe Samsung used a Mediatek CPU on the 7 with a low res 1024 x 600 display.

Sent from my iPad 2

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well my ipad mini (loved it) is up for sale on craigslist and I picked up the Tab 3 8.0 white today at Bestbuy.
After a full day of use I think the 8.0 is much better than my mini...in terms of navigation, ease of use, and manipulating files (I.e pdfs). I had the mini finetuned to my daily needs (I.e. attached keyboard, etc) but am very happy with the Tab 3s ease of use and flexibility. And it has a micro sdcard, a normal charging cord and a GPS and infrared!!!

I had the ios7betas loaded on the mini and thought it was ridiculous with the skinny fonts, colors, icons, etc.

Funny that my white s4 is identical to the tab 3 in looks.

I charged the battery to 94%, used it for 7hrs15min, almost 3hrs screen on time and and am now sitting at 63%. And that included some gps/map time, autoloading all the play store apps, and testing all the various settings.

Also wish I could find a cover.

I read all the reviews complaining about processor and screen resolution AFTER I bought it and was shocked at the negativity. I wonder if the reviewers ever use these devices or just evaluate on specs only?? Anyway I am very happy and resolution and processor is just fine for my needs.

Only negative is the autobrightness is WAY to dim.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

FLRubi

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I also picked up a new Tab 3 8.0 and am very happy with the purchase. Went from an iPad 3 and definitely like the smaller size of the 8" screen. Only complaint I have thus far is the auto brightness. It's a tad bit too dim in certain low light situations.

Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile app