Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3: Who's getting one ??

I am suitably impressed with my 8" after 1 day. This evening while catching up on a few things I have watched about 3 hours of video with the speakers on Dolby Movie mode, and its still at 75% battery.

I plan on getting one as soon as I can unload either my Nexus 7 or Hisense 7 Pro I don't need a 3rd tablet :-) but the 8 inch screen really is the sweet spot for me I am finding my 7 inch devices are just a bit too small specially for web browsing. I was a bit concerned about the specs on the Tab 3 8 mostly the processor but than I thought about what I do with my tablet which is surf the web watch Netflix and play a few simple games all of this the 1.5 Gig dual core will do just fine. I played with one at Best Buy and felt the performance was good. I am just not sure if I should hold out and see if any other manufacturers come out with 8 inch screens I wish ASUS would I like their tablets.

Anyone have any specific feedback for someone looking to upgrade from a nexus 7? So far I have liked the 7 but I need more than 16gb of memory. I played with the tab 3 8.0 at best buy and loved the shape. I like the note but the bezels make it too wide for me. The new nexus 7 will be great but I want a bigger tablet. Can anyone even notice the difference of a better display than what's on the 8.0? Most reviews I have read said the display is very good. Also, does this thing lag? I don't play games on a tablet. However I want web browsing and Netflix to be quick.

It's not really THAT much bigger than the 7". But I like the Display a lot. I've experienced no lag in the 3 days I've had it. Battery life is great. Watched 3 hours of Newsroom the other night and it used 25% of the battery or less. If I'd known the pricing and the RAM in the Nexus7 2 I might have waited, but I've got no issues at all with this tablet. I guess I'm having trouble adapting to the middle hard button because both my old HP Touchpad with CyanogenMod and my HTC EVO 3D have those functions on the leftmost control - but its pretty minor.

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Custnam View Post
    Yea, Im debating that. Heres a pic.

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/3462/gk0a.jpg
    Definitely take it back for return. If debris made its way under there who knows what else can get in there. Plus, the scree could be damaged with the dust that is in there now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Getting my daughter a Tab 3 7.0 for her tenth birthday this Sunday.
    Rob
    Do you mean to tell me that I can make a phone call on this thing?!!!

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I picked up the tab 3 8 after much debate between it and the note 8...while the quad core would be nice I dont find it overly necessary and I see S Pen as a gimmick and as someth that I will lose. The tab 7 just seemed to small as I was used to an iPad mini... I definitely have no issues with the tab 3 8.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 2

Has no one gotten the 10.1?
    I already have a Nexus 7, and I'm looking into a larger screen.
    The 10.1 fits pretty nicely into my budget, but is no one else here interested in it? lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Just got the Tab 3 7 in on a trade for my HTC Amaze. Great deal as I wasn't planning on getting one at all. Now, I love mine. Now looking for a case.
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

I picked up a 7.0 today. I was fairly impressed with it. Some key features that are missing.
    I will he returning it in a couple of days and giving the 10.1 a whirl and seeing if that will meet my needs.
    My pickiness aside, they are great tablets. For the price, the 7.0 isn't bad. For a power user, I could see it being a bit choppy, but for every day at home, Web browsing and multimedia use, I think it would be perfect.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

Quote Originally Posted by F0REVERY0UNG- View Post
    Has no one gotten the 10.1? . . .
    I have had my Tab3 10.1 inch for 3 weeks now. Runs like a charm !

I picked up the Tab3 8 inch and love it. The 8 inch screen is the sweet spot for me the 7 inch screen on my Nexus 7 was just a little too small oh and comparing to my quad core Tegra 3 Nexus 7 the Samsung Tab3 8 does everything faster so don't get too hung up on the processor only being dual core it is more than enough to power this tab well. I am very impressed with the construction and the performance of this tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal51 View Post
    I have had my Tab3 10.1 inch for 3 weeks now. Runs like a charm !
    I've been reading and watching a lot of reviews and people are sating that the screen is terrible and a lot of the touchwiz functions are missing.
    How do you like the screen, is it terrible or are reviewers exaggerating?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I think the screen is good. Much better than my netbook.

Sent from my AGB-1875

The screen is OK, but not great. You can definitely see individual pixels, if that is a big deal for you.

Posted from my new Nexus 7
    Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkFL88 View Post
    I picked up the Tab3 8 inch and love it. The 8 inch screen is the sweet spot for me the 7 inch screen on my Nexus 7 was just a little too small oh and comparing to my quad core Tegra 3 Nexus 7 the Samsung Tab3 8 does everything faster so don't get too hung up on the processor only being dual core it is more than enough to power this tab well. I am very impressed with the construction and the performance of this tablet.
    I hope u or someone reading this can help me. I just got the samsung galaxy tab 3 and i like it. I like to peruse pinterest, when i find an item i like, i find it VERY HARD if not IMPOSSIBLE to repin it. can someone tell me how to re-pin on my board?

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

All of a sudden it is lagging quite a bit. No new apps installed.
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.

Funny you say that, I thought I was noticing it too. When you say no new apps, does that include updates? There were a number of updates including the "Allsharecast dongle..."

EDIT: A restart did seem to resolve it though. I think that's the first time I've restarted it since I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by mission_mode View Post
    Funny you say that, I thought I was noticing it too. When you say no new apps, does that include updates? There were a number of updates including the "Allsharecast dongle..."
    Lagging in what way? I haven't noticed any slowdown on my 8.0.

I believe that it was Facebook and Gmail that I particularly noticed it on. they are the 2 apps I start most often so that would make the most sense in terms of me noticing. I've just tried a number of things and I don't notice any lag at this point. But I did feel either last night or first thing this morning that it was taking a while for them to switch/load.

Quote Originally Posted by mission_mode View Post

EDIT: A restart did seem to resolve it though. I think that's the first time I've restarted it since I got it.
    Restarting will clear the RAM, close all open apps, ect. If you haven't restarted in a while, it will slow down once it starts running out of RAM.

Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!

Quote Originally Posted by chadthebuilder View Post
    Restarting will clear the RAM, close all open apps, ect. If you haven't restarted in a while, it will slow down once it starts running out of RAM.

That's only supposed to be true if you aren't closing Apps, and Android is also supposed to take care of that. Like most computers it is still a good idea to restart and clean it up a bit more fully now and then.

But we still don't know if HurrycaneJohn has seen an improvement from restarting as well.

Go for nexus7(2013)

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using AC Forums mobile app

Mission_mode

I always clear the cache and make sure to end active apps. I also power off my tablet overnight. I 've not seen any lagging thus far.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by dharmik28 View Post
    Go for nexus7(2013)

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using AC Forums mobile app
    YA .....I heard you can end world hunger and solve global warming/cooling just by purchasing a new Nexus 7(2013). LOL

Posted via Android Central App
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast