Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Case

sasan1

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyone had any luck finding a case for this lovely device? Many BB in my area (SoCal) only have cases for the new 10 and 7 inch devices, yet nothing for the 8 inch, which is sold out at many locations near me!

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone had any luck finding a case for this lovely device? Many BB in my area (SoCal) only have cases for the new 10 and 7 inch devices, yet nothing for the 8 inch, which is sold out at many locations near me!

Welcome to the forums!

Have you considered ordering online?

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here (Western New York). I even went as far too order the book cover from Samsung's website but 10 minutes after I ordered it, I got an email stating that it was in back order.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Look on Ebay! You can see the many different cases available for Your Tablet! The prices will be about 1/4 of the local stores. I purchased my tab 3 7" yesterday and the salesman showed me some $49 and up cases. I purchased one on Ebay for less than $10 and that included shipping

Even if you do not purchase online you can see what is available and find out what is a fair price!

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine is on back order from Samsung

Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile app

Same here (Western New York). I even went as far too order the book cover from Samsung's website but 10 minutes after I ordered it, I got an email stating that it was in back order.

Why did the case backorder?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, I'm wondering if Samsung never actually released the case for sale but forgot to take it off their website

benharrison

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Be careful of online 'leather' covers. i ordered one for a Tab 2 10.1. It was poor fitting and heavy. Question: Anyone know how and where to download a Tab 3 8.0 user manual?

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just ordered one but I'm leery of the result. Given that there's nothing in stores yet its pretty much the only way I could go at this point.

aetw326

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
That case on Amazon is a great deal and has fairly good reviews considering the cost.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
What do you think about one with a keyboard? this one looks nice, should I order it?
http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8228278_f520.jpg

This is pretty much the case I'm getting. Hopefully its here later this week. I'll post an update when I get it.
Edit: Here's what I ordered. Looks like it will be another week or so. I didn't really love the color scheme but the price is right.

COD(TM) Bluetooth Keyboard Tablet Stand Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T3100 (White/Red): Amazon.ca: Electronics

Last edited:

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty much the case I'm getting. Hopefully its here later this week. I'll post an update when I get it.
Edit: Here's what I ordered. Looks like it will be another week or so. I didn't really love the color scheme but the price is right.

COD(TM) Bluetooth Keyboard Tablet Stand Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T3100 (White/Red): Amazon.ca: Electronics

I wonder if the keyboard will scratch the screen, let me know how it is when you get it please.
I wish they made an otterbox or somthing like it.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

So I just got this case. Seems pretty good.

Pros:
+ lid does have magnets (so it turns on when you open the lid)
+ Hole in the back for the camera
+ detachable keyboard for when you don't want it

Cons:
- The part that holds the tablet along the spine of the case is a little wider than the bezel (not surprising with the small bezel) so it cuts off the screen a bit
- It is pretty heavy even without the keyboard
- The keyboard is very squished, and the spacebar is too small as a result. I keep pressing the keys beside it instead.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same case for my Note 8.0. It's a good case and I like the keyboard. I have a ZAGG on my Note though and the black dye did bleed a bit on the ZAGG and doesn't seem to want to come off. :( I'm a little bummed about that.
Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11