Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Case

Anyone had any luck finding a case for this lovely device? Many BB in my area (SoCal) only have cases for the new 10 and 7 inch devices, yet nothing for the 8 inch, which is sold out at many locations near me!

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Case

Quote Originally Posted by sasan1 View Post
    Anyone had any luck finding a case for this lovely device? Many BB in my area (SoCal) only have cases for the new 10 and 7 inch devices, yet nothing for the 8 inch, which is sold out at many locations near me!
    Welcome to the forums!

Have you considered ordering online?

Same here (Western New York). I even went as far too order the book cover from Samsung's website but 10 minutes after I ordered it, I got an email stating that it was in back order.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Mine is on back order from Samsung

Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile app

Look on Ebay! You can see the many different cases available for Your Tablet! The prices will be about 1/4 of the local stores. I purchased my tab 3 7" yesterday and the salesman showed me some $49 and up cases. I purchased one on Ebay for less than $10 and that included shipping

Even if you do not purchase online you can see what is available and find out what is a fair price!

Quote Originally Posted by Plow13 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bstmstrxellos View Post
    Same here (Western New York). I even went as far too order the book cover from Samsung's website but 10 minutes after I ordered it, I got an email stating that it was in back order.

Why did the case backorder?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I don't know, I'm wondering if Samsung never actually released the case for sale but forgot to take it off their website

Quote Originally Posted by bstmstrxellos View Post
    I don't know, I'm wondering if Samsung never actually released the case for sale but forgot to take it off their website

That's really strange. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Did Samsung give you any time frame as to when the cases would be available?

Be careful of online 'leather' covers. i ordered one for a Tab 2 10.1. It was poor fitting and heavy. Question: Anyone know how and where to download a Tab 3 8.0 user manual?

Yeah I just ordered one but I'm leery of the result. Given that there's nothing in stores yet its pretty much the only way I could go at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by benharrison View Post
    .................. Question: Anyone know how and where to download a Tab 3 8.0 user manual?
    From the Samsung website product page for the tablet, click the "Support" tab and there is a link for downloading the manual. Here a link to the the page that contains the link to the manual download:

Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 - SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

I ended up with the one from Samsung on backorder too. Ordered this one from Amazon as a cheap interim solution.Amazon.com : MoKo Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Case - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Case Slim Folding Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Inch SM-T3100 / SM-T3110 Android Tablet, INDIGO (with Smart Auto Wake / Sleep Feature) : Computers & Accessories

Like it enough for under $10 I cancelled the $50 samsung case. Bit bulkier, but that doesn't bother me.

Global Posts
    8,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

That case on Amazon is a great deal and has fairly good reviews considering the cost.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Did you receive your case from Samsung yet? If so, what do you think of it?

I ordered the one from samsung a week ago and also got the backordered email. Hoping it gets here in the next 2 weeks since im moving!

What do you think about one with a keyboard? this one looks nice, should I order it?

I also like the MoKo case here Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Cases

Quote Originally Posted by smileycon View Post
    What do you think about one with a keyboard? this one looks nice, should I order it?
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8228278_f520.jpg
    This is pretty much the case I'm getting. Hopefully its here later this week. I'll post an update when I get it.
    Edit: Here's what I ordered. Looks like it will be another week or so. I didn't really love the color scheme but the price is right.

COD(TM) Bluetooth Keyboard Tablet Stand Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T3100 (White/Red): Amazon.ca: Electronics

Thanks! can't wait

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mission_mode View Post
    This is pretty much the case I'm getting. Hopefully its here later this week. I'll post an update when I get it.
    Edit: Here's what I ordered. Looks like it will be another week or so. I didn't really love the color scheme but the price is right.

COD(TM) Bluetooth Keyboard Tablet Stand Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T3100 (White/Red): Amazon.ca: Electronics
    I wonder if the keyboard will scratch the screen, let me know how it is when you get it please.
    I wish they made an otterbox or somthing like it.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    get in da mix

Quote Originally Posted by mission_mode View Post

So I just got this case. Seems pretty good.

Pros:
    + lid does have magnets (so it turns on when you open the lid)
    + Hole in the back for the camera
    + detachable keyboard for when you don't want it

Cons:
    - The part that holds the tablet along the spine of the case is a little wider than the bezel (not surprising with the small bezel) so it cuts off the screen a bit
    - It is pretty heavy even without the keyboard
    - The keyboard is very squished, and the spacebar is too small as a result. I keep pressing the keys beside it instead.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I have the same case for my Note 8.0. It's a good case and I like the keyboard. I have a ZAGG on my Note though and the black dye did bleed a bit on the ZAGG and doesn't seem to want to come off. I'm a little bummed about that.
    Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I have the same case for my Note 8.0. It's a good case and I like the keyboard. I have a ZAGG on my Note though and the black dye did bleed a bit on the ZAGG and doesn't seem to want to come off. I'm a little bummed about that.
    Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE
    Damm I was ready to get it but I don't want it bleeding on my white tab

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    get in da mix

Just got my official Samsung Tab 3 8.0 cover (blue) and it is a beauty. Thin , lightweight, fits like a glove and seems to offer good protection.

All of the ports, buttons etc including the microphone are easily accessible. The cover folds at two viewing angles and they have added rubber feet allong the right side to provide better grip when using the cover as a stand.

The magnet in the cover turns the screen on and off when you open and close the cover.

This is an expensive, but really high quality cover. I got mine on Amazon from Beach Camera and saved ten bucks off the Samsung online price.

Posted via Android Central App

I ore
    Deredfrom samsung and she told me backorder would ve in 8/2. I called Monday 8/5 to confirm and she replied with a vag6e answer on when it would ship. I have not received shipping confirmation as she said I would. Glad you got one at least we know they are real. Haha.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast