Galaxy Tab 3 7" Firmware Question

Albert1121

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought my first Android device and im learning how to use it. I noticed that the software on the device is 4.1.2. When I try to update it, it says it's the latest version. How can i manually update to 4.2.2? Any advice would help!

Thanks!

John Wessell

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I would also like to know. I bought the device because the salesman touted it as coming with the latest Android OS and the reason Samsung was updating the line was to keep the upgrade capability.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The latest version that Samsung has released for these tablets is 4.1.2. There is a new version due out shortly, but will just have to wait until it gets pushed out by Samsung. Hopefully, it won't be a very long wait....

John Wessell

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The latest version that Samsung has released for these tablets is 4.1.2. There is a new version due out shortly, but will just have to wait until it gets pushed out by Samsung. Hopefully, it won't be a very long wait....

I'm waiting on a reply from Samsung, but if it's not to be within the next couple weeks, I'll return the Tab 3 and go to another device. THere are features in 4.2 I specifically wanted. 4.2 was released last November and to not yet have it on a device that's brand new to the market shows that they're probably going to stay way behind the curve.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea why Samsung decided to pull a Sony, as they [Sony] did something similiar with the Xperia X10, by releasing older firmware when they told everyone it was going to release with 2.2.

This thing should've released with 4.2, they've had more than enough time to make it work with the GT3, I could see them holding out releasing 4.3 with it, but why would they release it with 4.1, it makes no sense.

I got my GT3 for free, so it's not like I can return it, although I can sell it if I wanted to.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Doesn't make a lot of sense from our viewpoint. Especially since the GT3 is a rev up from the GT2. Let's just hope that it will be resolved fairly soon.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd hardly call the GT3 a revision, they should've called it the GT2.5; Samsung better redeem themselves when they bring out the GT4!

John Wessell

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I just had a chat session with Samsung support and they stated that there is no word when the next revision will be delivered. A bit understandable for that level of support, but still unacceptable.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, what are the 'must have' features that 4.3 has that would make you return your Tab 3 running 4.2.2?

Posted via Android Central App

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just had a chat session with Samsung support and they stated that there is no word when the next revision will be delivered. A bit understandable for that level of support, but still unacceptable.

Samsung "support" is not the best resource for finding out when the next OTA will be. This forum or Android Central's staff would probably find out before they would.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol