Microsoft Office on Tab 3

mwthornton

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a Samsung Tab3. I need to be able to use the Microsoft suit or an equivalent, particularly PowerPoint and Excel. I have an Android tablet with DocumentsToGo on it and although it should run all the Microsoft products I find that in PowerPoint it doesn't display pictures that are in the original PowerPoint.

Does anyone know whether the Microsoft Office suit or a compatible product will run correctly on the Tab 3?

Thanks for your help.
Michael

tenlegdragon

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I use quickoffice, most of my powerpoints load properly, even the huge 100+ ones with images. only sometimes, some of the fancy powerpoint style stuff doesn't look as it's supposed to

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
The Tab 3 8" comes with Polaris Office installed. In my experience its a very capable suite for MS Office documents. I just searched and the 10" includes it as well. No idea about the 7".

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
There is rumors of Microsoft developing Microsoft office for android. But they stated that they will be releasing it on iOS first, since it is more popular than android. That's not my opinion but Microsoft's.

They must see something in iOS, since they stopped attacking Google and android and went back to bashing apple.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft Office 365 for Android is already available, but it's not compatible with the Tab 3 ( at least the 8.0 model)

Posted via Android Central App

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm also not expecting Office 365 to provide much beyond the other suites we've mentioned

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using AC Forums mobile app

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Like subscription based. Not interested. Office Suite works well except when a Bluetooth keyboard is used. Quick Office has too many issues.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Jasmin Irshad

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a Samsung Tab3. I need to be able to use the Microsoft suit or an equivalent, particularly PowerPoint and Excel. I have an Android tablet with DocumentsToGo on it and although it should run all the Microsoft products I find that in PowerPoint it doesn't display pictures that are in the original PowerPoint.

Does anyone know whether the Microsoft Office suit or a compatible product will run correctly on the Tab 3?

Thanks for your help.
Michael

David Page#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Google Play won't let me download the Microsoft Word for Tablet app. That is despite meeting all the requirements listed:
Kitkat - Tab 3 runs 4.4.2 currently
1 Gig RAM - Tab 3 lists more than that
Screen size between 7 and 10 inches- tab 3 lists 7.3 inches

Anyone know what causes it not even to try?

aa malta

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, and I was told the following:

"If you receive the error “Device is not compatible”, the device either does not meet the system requirements or this is a non-supported device at this time. The following devices meet the system requirements, but you can't install Office on these devices at this time:

• Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
  • Motorola/Google Xoom
  • Asus Tf101
We are continuing to improve Office and working to support a variety of devices."

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I was able to put the Microsoft apps on my rooted Tab 3 8.0:
3ef16cd3c1b9706e77d80a4ecf2d00fa.jpg

7cf1992dc2091ae12d18ef0c82e94124.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7