Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tab 3 8.0 some apps not seeing this as a tablet?

So just picked up the 8.0 version of the tab 3. I already have a GS3 so really liking this.
    BUT ... there are some apps that I used on my Tf101 tablet such as the DirectTV Tablet app - and it says it is not compatible.
    Seems like there are a few other things, it says its not a phone (duh) and it says its not a tablet either???

Suggestions.

Global Posts
    16,839 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon ROM

Default Re: Tab 3 8.0 some apps not seeing this as a tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by livewiremaxx View Post
    So just picked up the 8.0 version of the tab 3. I already have a GS3 so really liking this.
    BUT ... there are some apps that I used on my Tf101 tablet such as the DirectTV Tablet app - and it says it is not compatible.
    Seems like there are a few other things, it says its not a phone (duh) and it says its not a tablet either???

Suggestions.
    I think it's because Samsung even treats it like an oversized phone. I have a Tab 2, and I have a phone app. (Facepalm...yeah I want to put that big thing next to my ear, and it doesn't even have a speaker...) I think the only tablet that is treated like a tablet is the 10". But I could be wrong...

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here