1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Enterprise Email disables applications from 'unknown sources'

I just got the Samsung tab 3 with software 4.2.2

When I configure corporate email the option to install applications from other sources gets greyed out and even some applications that I installed via apk vanished from tablet. These resolved on removing the corporate email. This had not happened before on my devices running 4.2.1 or earlier.

Is there a fix that would let me configure corporate email and also allow applications from unknown sources?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T311 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Enterprise Email disables applications from 'unknown sources'

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay Prakash View Post
    I just got the Samsung tab 3 with software 4.2.2

When I configure corporate email the option to install applications from other sources gets greyed out and even some applications that I installed via apk vanished from tablet. These resolved on removing the corporate email. This had not happened before on my devices running 4.2.1 or earlier.

Is there a fix that would let me configure corporate email and also allow applications from unknown sources?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T311 using Tapatalk 2
    Welcome to the forums!
    I would guess it is some kind of software security feature to help ward off OS viri and trojans.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Hi,

I've the same problem in both my Samsung S4 and Tab 3 8". Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    -Sreeram.

All of these settings with corporate email settings is from your own company. Your company (mine included) block whatever they want on your device and you accept that when you install the corporate email settings during setup.

why it is not disabling in galaxy note2, galaxy grand,samsung y duos, experia and other phones like XOLO, ???????????????????/

it is a default feature of galaxy phones because of knox and andriod security, it should overwrite these ploicies but kernal version of grand2 or other phones have problem. this has been conveyed by samsung and they are working on it...