Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected to wifi but no internet

omg....I changed the date/time and it fixed my problem. Gee what is that about? Anyway...thank you so much. urrgggg!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuyenN View Post
    Hi all, please see if you have the same problem fixed and help me.
    I bought my Galaxy Tab 3 yesterday, it was going well until this morning. Suddently it cant connect to internet. The wifi signal still shows connected but no internet.
    I tried to change to different wifi hotspot, restart the device, turn off and on wifi, delete current wifi detail ... But it didnt work.
    Can anyone help me?
    Thanks!

Thanks! this advise worked I went in to settings and, sure enough, my time had changed to 2011.
    I changed it to today's date and 2014 and the connection to wifi worked. I was having the same problem as all the above threads.

This worked!!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 connected to wifi but no internet

I am having the same problem, my galaxy tab 3 is connected to wifi, the browser connects to the internet but not the apps

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 connected to wifi but no internet

Quote Originally Posted by missgoldie20 View Post
    I am having the same problem, my galaxy tab 3 is connected to wifi, the browser connects to the internet but not the apps
    And if you had read any part of this thread you would already have it fixed.

Thumbs up Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected to wifi but no internet

Thanks, setting the date and time fixed the issue.

Check out whether your time and date is right!

See if the date and time is right if wrong.

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 8.0 wifi connected no internet
    It's time to for me to blow all of your minds because FIRST THING I will mention is my time and date is PERFECT and my BROWSER DOESN'T WORK ALSO now before anyone ask me any simple/stupid questions, next few things I will mention ARE: I TURNED OFF AND ON. My wifi signal is STRONG. all my other devices are CONNECTED PERFECTLY, I am connecting wifi from HOME, I've CLEARED CACHE, I've RESTARTED ROUTER
    I bought my samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 yesterday. It worked perfectly last night, even today when I just came home it worked fine. Suddenly it stops. which means Play store, facebook, twitter, gmail, twitchtv etc KIND OF LOADS A LITTLE BIT BUT STOPS AND SAYS RETRY. YOUTUBE can load the pages and loads the video a little then STOPS WHAT THE F UCK IS THIS KIND OF SORCERY

After all of my rant hopefully there is a simple fix to this issue. Because I really can't be bothered returning it and go through all that sh it.
    I am about to do my TWO last all in move right now which are going to recovery mode and go to router settings and see what I can do from there.

please help T_T

EDIT POST ------------
    I have a new realization: RIGHT AFTER I connect my wifi I have about TEN SECONDS with internet, then stops. It almost feels like something is blocking me from going on the internet.

EDIT POST 2 --------You knwo what scratch all that because it just FU CKING FIXED IT SELF. this is UBER BULLSH IT NOW EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT. IM LIKE THE HAPPIEST MAN IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW It's like every electronics that I bought that has some sort of minor issue in the beginning. Anyways is 4:55am here now I'm so relieved good night.
    Last edited by Enpeng Zhan; 03-08-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Hi not sure if you guys having a problem still, but have you checked the date and time on your android system. i had the same issue with my sons and just happened to notice the time was wrong on the tablet, when i checked the date was 2012.

once i reset the time and date the problem resolved itself without needing a restart. Think the apps are time and date indexed and wont run if the system date pre dates the app installation date

hope this helps you guys

I read through this whole thread. I don't have any issues with the date and time and my tab didn't miraculously fix itself like the second last poster. It shows I have a great connection but the browser doesn't work. I already did a factory reset and even tried a few custom roms. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Oh and I guess I should note that I am connected to a mobile hotspot. My co-workers xperia connects to it and gets a signal so I know it isn't the hotspot.

Posted via Android Central App

Holy ****. It just miraculously fixed itself like the other poster lol. I think I will be getting a nexus next time I upgrade my tab.

Hahaha, you should really take a peek at *their* forums and judge for yourself. I was curious and now there's no way I would ever buy the second gen Nexus 7...

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Hahaha, you should really take a peek at *their* forums and judge for yourself. I was curious and now there's no way I would ever buy the second gen Nexus 7...
    Yup, the n7 has no shortage of problem/complaints.

Which 7 inch tablet would either of you recommend? The galaxy tab is my first Android device which I got because of having lots of fun with the runtime on my phone. I guess I'll check out some of the other tablet forums. Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLuMaNaTi View Post
    Which 7 inch tablet would either of you recommend? The galaxy tab is my first Android device which I got because of having lots of fun with the runtime on my phone. I guess I'll check out some of the other tablet forums. Thanks for the tips.

Dont get me wrong, I would still definitely recommend the n7, it's just that you might have to go through several before getting a unit that works acceptably.

Right. Most tablets will have issues. You just need to balance them against the useful features. I think the cellular/LTE versions of the Tab 3 line seem about bulletproof against the wifi issues, for whatever reason. Compared to the N7 we have reliable GPS vs basically *no* GPS. And while we're stuck on 4.2.2 yet the devices with Kit Kat have reported many issues. By the time we get an upgrade most of the popular software should already be patched to work with 4.4, no clue whether the battery issues linked to 4.4 are preventable tho.

I've pulled a couple foreign TV torrents over cellular on my 7.0 LTE yesterday, as a test. Took about five minutes each to pull and on average less than 7% battery to download/watch a 1/2 hr type episode. Only one file did not play in Video player and it ran fine in MX Player with software decode. Sound and picture were pretty good, with headphones or stereo bluetooth the picture was about perfect.

The screen actually compares well against even the Note 3 in brightness, contrast and saturation. There is a marked difference in pixel sharpness but for me I only noticed when comparing the same photo fit to both screens. For video the extra pixels don't matter until your screen is at least ten inches.

Thanks for the information. I will look into the lte version. I really like the size of the galaxy tab. It makes my old PlayBook look huge and same for the nexus 7. I could use this tab as a phone for most things since I have big hands. If it didn't have the wifi issues and maybe a little more storage, it would be perfect. I would have got the lte version but I didn't do enough research and figured I could just use hotspot to save a few bucks. You live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Compared to the N7 we have reliable GPS vs basically *no* GPS.
    I actually have GPS that works fine on my n7 believe it or not. I am well aware of all of the horror stories regarding GPS issues with the n7 however.

I have only used my GPS for a few minutes at a time though, and from what I read the problems usually arrises after 10 minutes or so with the GPS lock getting dropped. I guess what I am really saying is I don't know if I have the GPS problems or not. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by KiLuMaNaTi View Post
    Thanks for the information. I will look into the lte version. I really like the size of the galaxy tab. It makes my old PlayBook look huge and same for the nexus 7. I could use this tab as a phone for most things since I have big hands. If it didn't have the wifi issues and maybe a little more storage, it would be perfect. I would have got the lte version but I didn't do enough research and figured I could just use hotspot to save a few bucks. You live and learn.

Ain't that the truth. The LTE is stupidly fast, has nice infrared and the hardware itself didn't cost me a cent when I got it. On the flip side, honestly if I got a Galaxy Mega as my next phone I wouldn't have needed the 7.0 LTE. Same SoC and RAM package, better camera and less than an inch difference in area. Thinner bezels would be bittersweet as far as misclicks go, and the huge battery would put it in a similar endurance league. Plus the Mega's battery can be swapped.

Since I now have the 7.0 tho, I may just get the S4 mini. Again same SoC but fits in more pockets, and again it has a better camera. And software that works on either should be fine on the other too.

I would like to thank you for this input. I tried and and Lo and Behold the Tablet's date was set to january 4 2012. Set it to the right date and it started working immediately.

It worked!!

You just have to set the date to current date, It worked! <3

can you explain how to do so, please?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast