Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected to wifi but no internet

Quote Originally Posted by summernights18 View Post
    can you explain how to do so, please?
    Go into the settings menu. (Pull down the notification shade and click the gear shaped symblol) then in the settings menu click Date and Time, then set it correctly.

It just happen to me.
    First of all, im sorry if my english is not so good.

This is what i do :
    - go to wifi connection setting
    - modify network config on wifi wich you want to connect with
    - then show advanced options
    - change the IP settings from DHCP to static one

if you have some devices connected to your wifi at home,
    make sure the last section of every gadget IP Address are different

ex :
    gadget 1 -- IP Address 192.168.1.20
    gadget 2 -- IP Address 192.168.1.17

it works on my case.
    Hope this help you.

Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Yoel Bega View Post
    It just happen to me.
    First of all, im sorry if my english is not so good.

This is what i do :
    - go to wifi connection setting
    - modify network config on wifi wich you want to connect with
    - then show advanced options
    - change the IP settings from DHCP to static one

if you have some devices connected to your wifi at home,
    make sure the last section of every gadget IP Address are different

ex :
    gadget 1 -- IP Address 192.168.1.20
    gadget 2 -- IP Address 192.168.1.17

it works on my case.
    Hope this help you.

Happy
    So your router is bad, it's not assigning addresses automatically.

Thumbs up Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected to wifi but no internet

so my tab3 wouldn't connect to the wifi said it was connected but the only thing i could do is get in instagram and Google .. i couldn't do anything else i data factory reset it it seems like its doing great but i don't knot yet at the moment its re-downloading ALL my apps so i cant be sure of if my app work or not .. it is now 8:59 ...........................................................................................it is now 9:04 and everything looks and acts normal...but this is not the 1st time Samsung went crazy on me...

right now im just having problems with this time and time zone crap

had the tablet sense dec.15.2013 ........................wonder how long the tablet will be connected

Just change the date and time to the current date and time and it will fix it.

I tried it, it doesn't work.

I reset my wifi timer and turned it off, and also changed my date and it started working again.

Thanks. That was the problem & fix.

My Tab will not connect to wifi even with the correct, verified password. I have tried everything in this thread. What else could be wrong? The network works perfectly for other devices. I am about done with Samsung products.

You could try a different wifi channel. Or possibly your router is just not compatible. Or the router already has connected to as many devices as it can.

Have you tried connecting to other wifi networks outside the house?

Red face THANKYOU!

This helped sooo much. Such a simple fix for what wouldnt seem like it has anyhting to do with what was wrong i couldnt beleiv eti worked. thankyou

Yes i have the same problem, iv had my galaxy tablet 3 for almost a year and every time i go on the internet or try to buy an app it says i have no connection even though i have strong wifi connection. ive restarted changed settings tried different wifi spots it still dose not work! Please help.

Lightbulb Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected to wifi but no internet

I have also had this issue with my Galaxy Tab S3 10.1 running Android 4.2.2, build dated 23 Nov 2013.

The symptoms are -- my Tab S3 WiFi was fine when first set up, but now I can't use the Internet, even though it shows as 'connected'.

Go to Settings (the cog symbol), touch WiFi, and your network -- the first in the list -- shows 'Connected' but doesn't function. Touch this Wi-Fi entry to open a menu and its IP address shows 'unavailable'.
    The tablet can't use this Wi-Fi network, as it has lost the IP address.

Possible Cause -- the router will 'lease' an IP address to a device for a while, maybe some days, then forces the device to reconnect when the lease expires. A router restart will also force IP addresses to be re-issued. Our Toshiba and Asus laptops & Nokia and Android phones all cope, but the Tab gets confused and can't reconnect.

I had no issue with wrong time as reported elsewhere on this thread.

The only thing that seemed to fix this was a factory reset, which deletes all files & then you need to repeat the set-up and re-install your apps and files (Groan).

I then discovered the following Fix. Essentially, delete the Wi-Fi network details and manually re-input. A bit tedious, but much better than resetting to factory settings & reloading all your stuff! NOTE: It's NOT sufficient just to 'Forget' this network and reconnect to it.

1) Make a note of your Wi-Fi's SSID (network name). You'll also need to know the network security type (eg WEP, WPA, WPS etc), and password.

2) Touch Settings (the cog symbol) and the first entry is the Wi-Fi SSID the Tab thinks it's connected to.

3) Move the Tab 'out of range' of your router's Wi-Fi .. take it some distance away, or halt your Wi-Fi using a router command, or power down the router (first make sure you know how to restart it !). The Tab's 'Wi-Fi networks' must show your network 'out of range'.

4) Touch your Wi-Fi entry in 'Wi-Fi networks' to open a menu, then touch 'Forget'.

5) Find 'Add Wi-Fi Network' at the bottom of the Wi-Fi list, and touch to open a Wi-Fi set-up menu. Type in the SSID, select the security type, type in the password and touch 'Connect'.

6) Restart your Wi-Fi by reversing what you did in 3), and wait for the router to come up. The tablet should connect, so your Wi-Fi should now be at the top of the list and show 'Connected'. Touch your Wi-Fi entry, which should now show the IP address in use. If the connection still fails to start, you may need to repeat this procedure.

The problem should now be solved -- go on-line and check that your browser works!
    Last edited by Greg Mandolin; 04-17-2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Typos

YES!
    Fixing the date/time on the tablet made it work and connect. Really weird that it was the issue and the fix, but super happy.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected but no wifi

Anyone who is having this problem...is your time and date messed up as well? My husbands tab 3 had the same problem along with the time and date messed up. That happened before anything else. Then it started showing it was connected to wifi still but his you tube app and the play store and netflix wasn't working but his brower worked. When I changed the time and date back everything started working again. So try that!:-)

I am having the same problem. How to Change the WPA encryption from AES to TKIP and it's been flawless ever since. Can u tell me from where these settings will get.

Thank you ricky4fun, my tab was also showing as connected to my WIFI but no internet or apps working.

My Tab has the bad habit of resetting date and time. After reading ricky4fun's idea of setting the date and time and doing so my tab instantly kicked into life, emails came through, updates etc.

It was almost going in the bin so thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345