Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected to wifi but no internet

George_Jefferson

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
My Tab will not connect to wifi even with the correct, verified password. I have tried everything in this thread. What else could be wrong? The network works perfectly for other devices. I am about done with Samsung products.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
You could try a different wifi channel. Or possibly your router is just not compatible. Or the router already has connected to as many devices as it can.

Have you tried connecting to other wifi networks outside the house?

AlysiaGodman

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
THANKYOU!

This helped sooo much. Such a simple fix for what wouldnt seem like it has anyhting to do with what was wrong i couldnt beleiv eti worked. thankyou

Lulu8777

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes i have the same problem, iv had my galaxy tablet 3 for almost a year and every time i go on the internet or try to buy an app it says i have no connection even though i have strong wifi connection. ive restarted changed settings tried different wifi spots it still dose not work! Please help.

Greg Mandolin

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have also had this issue with my Galaxy Tab S3 10.1 running Android 4.2.2, build dated 23 Nov 2013.

The symptoms are -- my Tab S3 WiFi was fine when first set up, but now I can't use the Internet, even though it shows as 'connected'.

Go to Settings (the cog symbol), touch WiFi, and your network -- the first in the list -- shows 'Connected' but doesn't function. Touch this Wi-Fi entry to open a menu and its IP address shows 'unavailable'.
The tablet can't use this Wi-Fi network, as it has lost the IP address.

Possible Cause -- the router will 'lease' an IP address to a device for a while, maybe some days, then forces the device to reconnect when the lease expires. A router restart will also force IP addresses to be re-issued. Our Toshiba and Asus laptops & Nokia and Android phones all cope, but the Tab gets confused and can't reconnect.

I had no issue with wrong time as reported elsewhere on this thread.

The only thing that seemed to fix this was a factory reset, which deletes all files & then you need to repeat the set-up and re-install your apps and files (Groan).

I then discovered the following Fix. Essentially, delete the Wi-Fi network details and manually re-input. A bit tedious, but much better than resetting to factory settings & reloading all your stuff! NOTE: It's NOT sufficient just to 'Forget' this network and reconnect to it.

1) Make a note of your Wi-Fi's SSID (network name). You'll also need to know the network security type (eg WEP, WPA, WPS etc), and password.

2) Touch Settings (the cog symbol) and the first entry is the Wi-Fi SSID the Tab thinks it's connected to.

3) Move the Tab 'out of range' of your router's Wi-Fi .. take it some distance away, or halt your Wi-Fi using a router command, or power down the router (first make sure you know how to restart it !). The Tab's 'Wi-Fi networks' must show your network 'out of range'.

4) Touch your Wi-Fi entry in 'Wi-Fi networks' to open a menu, then touch 'Forget'.

5) Find 'Add Wi-Fi Network' at the bottom of the Wi-Fi list, and touch to open a Wi-Fi set-up menu. Type in the SSID, select the security type, type in the password and touch 'Connect'.

6) Restart your Wi-Fi by reversing what you did in 3), and wait for the router to come up. The tablet should connect, so your Wi-Fi should now be at the top of the list and show 'Connected'. Touch your Wi-Fi entry, which should now show the IP address in use. If the connection still fails to start, you may need to repeat this procedure.

The problem should now be solved -- go on-line and check that your browser works!

Last edited:

Cody McManis

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected but no wifi

Anyone who is having this problem...is your time and date messed up as well? My husbands tab 3 had the same problem along with the time and date messed up. That happened before anything else. Then it started showing it was connected to wifi still but his you tube app and the play store and netflix wasn't working but his brower worked. When I changed the time and date back everything started working again. So try that!:)

the Kobra

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you ricky4fun, my tab was also showing as connected to my WIFI but no internet or apps working.

My Tab has the bad habit of resetting date and time. After reading ricky4fun's idea of setting the date and time and doing so my tab instantly kicked into life, emails came through, updates etc.

It was almost going in the bin so thanks!

:D:D:D:D

Irving Juarez1

May 2, 2014
Visit site
One thing I can tell you is try checking the date and time on your tablet and then if tha doesn't work then try downloading the firmware for your Galaxy Tab 3. Hope that this help. Good Luck

Jazzy Stardoll

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Well my situation is that my tab 3 is connected to my home WiFi, I can use the internet on the browser but it won't work for my apps or even the Play store. Any idea what could be wrong?

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or do others also get the feeling that some people post their problem based on the thread's title but never read the thread itself before posting? If they did, wouldn't they see the likely solution is posted many times? Just sayin'.

johndamenmagic

May 13, 2014
Visit site
You sure you're talking about the Galaxy Tab 3 here?...those instructions don't make sense: Go to wifi setting (check). Tap and hold connection, select forget the network (check). Go to settings?? (youre already in settings) , Select Apps? >ALL? (don't see anything like this??)

zoo1514

May 27, 2014
Visit site
daughters tab 3 hasn't worked for like 3 weeks....found your answer and vhecked the date and time and it was WAYYY off...set the date and time and everything works now..THANK YOU!!

Yinka lana

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I had wasted valuable hours wondering why all my other devices could access my wifi but my kid's samsung tablet could not. thanks for the tip about resetting date and time worked like a charm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm