Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 connected to wifi but no internet

meyyy66

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
i have had this problem this morning check the date and time on your tab. mine was off when changed it worked alright agen

This is PURE garbage... it worked. But WTF FOR, WHY, WHY SUCH A SIMPLE THING LIKE COULD NOT BE EXPLAINED ANYWHERE!?!? WTTTFFFF

Last edited by a moderator:

pkourakosjr

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
My Grand Daughter had the same problem. Check the date on your device, her's was set to 2000. I set it to 2016 and the correct time. It came right up. Please let me know if this fixes your problem.

gerrykh

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi can anyone help. From this morning I have not been able to get wifi working. It shows that I am connected but I still get no internet.??????

Betty Duncan

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I have internet connection but no net work connection.
Will you tell me how to get net work connected. Thank you,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I have internet connection but no net work connection.
Will you tell me how to get net work connected. Thank you,

Welcome to Android Central! Are you connecing to a wi-fi network at home, work, or in public somewhere?

Nintyworldchamp

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, please see if you have the same problem fixed and help me.
I bought my Galaxy Tab 3 yesterday, it was going well until this morning. Suddently it cant connect to internet. The wifi signal still shows connected but no internet.
I tried to change to different wifi hotspot, restart the device, turn off and on wifi, delete current wifi detail ... But it didnt work.
Can anyone help me? :(
Thanks!

Hi, Although this may sound a little obvious, please do check and try and see if the following applies to your device, as this was driving me crazy for ages and I could not find an answer anywhere, but after spending a long time problem solving myself, I resolved my issue!
Quite often the problem will be the time and date setting of your device is wrong! This can happen for a variety of reasons, some more easily explained than others! Try going into your device settings menu, look for the time and date setting, (maybe called something a little different depending on your device), once there, check what it is displaying. There is a very good chance that it will be showing the wrong date/year/time etc!
Although your device will quite correctly identify that you have a wifi connection and that you are indeed connected to it, your device will simply not be able to ping off the internet servers at all without your device having the correct date/year/time set.
As soon as you have corrected these, you should see very quickly that everything will be working as it should.
I hope that this solution will work for you, as it did for me. This solution applies to a multitude of devices, not just Samsung products!

Mslucci

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
For everyone looking to get back on your Galaxy Tablet... Easy fix go to Settings, application management, slide all the way over to All, and clear your cache...

Last edited:

Randy Nomsoft

Aug 6, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about the Date and Time. Found the date set to Jan 1, 2012 and set it to the current date and, magic!, just as suddenly, the apps will now connect. Has anyone found out why, or how, the date suddenly gets set to 1/1/2012? (how can you prevent this from happening in the future?). And... why does the wrong date cause app connections to break? I was totally surprised that this fix worked... I don't think I've run into a more bizarre software problem on any computer, EVER.

YUS! I can't believe that just freaking worked. My date and time were off, I didn't notice. I corrected it and the internet on it started working right away. Thanks so much for saying what you did, you're a life saver.