- 1 Posts
WiFi connection alive but apps say "no internet"
Just got my Tab 3 7.0, replacing a week-old Tab 2 7.0 (needed autofocus on the camera), and both do this, unlike my old Thrive. Both at work and at home, the WiFi icon at the top as well as WiFi Manager show my connection is on and strong, but apps suddenly pop up and say there's no internet connection.
Typical scenario: I'll launch Evernote and sync, then check a note or two; close Evernote and immediately open Facebook or some other internet using app, and it either hangs while trying to update or responds that there's no internet connection. But my icons say there is. If I shut off the WiFi then start it again, all is well again, until...
The Toshiba Thrive isn't doing this, so I don't think it's either network; but curious it happens on two different Galaxy Tabs.
- 09-28-2013, 04:19 PM #2
Re: WiFi connection alive but apps say "no internet"
Welcome to Android Central! Try some of the following:
--At home, reboot the router by unplugging the power, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in, then waiting another 20-30 seconds for the connection to reestablish.
--On your phone, go to Settings/Wireless & Networks/Wifi, select your home network, and tap "Forget network." Then reconnect.
--Try going into the router's settings (read the manual for this) and turning off security temporarily.
--If you have Bluetooth on, see what happens if you turn it off. Bluetooth has been known to interfere with wifi signal sometimes.
- By ch3rryiie in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 11-06-2013, 10:20 PM
- By Wildey125 in forum HTC One SVReplies: 4Last Post: 10-14-2013, 03:39 AM
- By Spartacus MD in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 09-30-2013, 10:26 PM
- By BlackPawLynx in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 09-28-2013, 10:34 PM
- By semp1 in forum HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 09-28-2013, 02:50 PM