Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WiFi connection alive but apps say "no internet"

Just got my Tab 3 7.0, replacing a week-old Tab 2 7.0 (needed autofocus on the camera), and both do this, unlike my old Thrive. Both at work and at home, the WiFi icon at the top as well as WiFi Manager show my connection is on and strong, but apps suddenly pop up and say there's no internet connection.
    Typical scenario: I'll launch Evernote and sync, then check a note or two; close Evernote and immediately open Facebook or some other internet using app, and it either hangs while trying to update or responds that there's no internet connection. But my icons say there is. If I shut off the WiFi then start it again, all is well again, until...
    The Toshiba Thrive isn't doing this, so I don't think it's either network; but curious it happens on two different Galaxy Tabs.

Default Re: WiFi connection alive but apps say "no internet"

Welcome to Android Central! Try some of the following:

--At home, reboot the router by unplugging the power, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in, then waiting another 20-30 seconds for the connection to reestablish.
    --On your phone, go to Settings/Wireless & Networks/Wifi, select your home network, and tap "Forget network." Then reconnect.
    --Try going into the router's settings (read the manual for this) and turning off security temporarily.
    --If you have Bluetooth on, see what happens if you turn it off. Bluetooth has been known to interfere with wifi signal sometimes.

Question Re: WiFi connection alive but apps say "no internet"

Hello,

I too am experiencing the same issue.

I have followed all of the standard instructions including forgetting the network and reconnecting, restarting my router, using another internet connection. The problem lies with my tablet and this seems to be a common problem.

Does anyone have any conclusive evidence on a solution to this seemingly systemic Samsung problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldn64 View Post
    Hello,

I too am experiencing the same issue.

I have followed all of the standard instructions including forgetting the network and reconnecting, restarting my router, using another internet connection. The problem lies with my tablet and this seems to be a common problem.

Does anyone have any conclusive evidence on a solution to this seemingly systemic Samsung problem ?
    Did you try the date/time fix?

I am having the same issue. I cannot connect to any network without first changing the connection to "static" and trying to find a working ip address myself.

What is the date/time fix?

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ROM
    T-mo stock ROM(JLB 4.1.1)

I've only had this issue once. A simple toggle of the WiFi button from the pull down shade fixed it. Didn't even need a reboot or other high tech voodoo.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3 via tin cans and string.