Skype on Tab3

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
When you say Tab 3.....which tablet are you talking about 7.0, 8.0 or 10.1? They are not the same, I have the option for Skype video calls on my Tab 3 8.0......so I do not understand what you mean by saying the Tab 3 doesn't give you the option for video calls !

Also are you using the latest version of Skype 3.2.0.6673

Posted via Android Central App

Itstakenovermylife

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm referring to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. And there's no option to make or receive video calls in Skype on this tablet unfortunately.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a tab 3 8.0. The only option I have is send a video message.

Sent from my SM-T310 using AC Forums mobile app

Someone has to send you a video message before you can receive one. As long as you?re signed in to Skype, you can receive Skype video calls on your Android device.

Itstakenovermylife

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Someone has to send you a video message before you can receive one. As long as you?re signed in to Skype, you can receive Skype video calls on your Android device.

Not on the Tab 3. According to Skype, the tablet does not meet the minimum hardware requirements to do video calls. Just video messaging.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
What's is the differnce between video messaging and video calling?

Never mind, I fugured it out. You are right, Skype video calling does not wirk on the Tab 3. Guess I'll be removing the App, because video calling is all I've used it for in the past

Last edited:

Itstakenovermylife

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE guys! Literally an hour ago Google Play pushed an update to Skype on to my Tab 3 and LO AND BEHOLD - we can VIDEO CALL!! Think they read this thread and decided to take action?? ;)

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE guys! Literally an hour ago Google Play pushed an update to Skype on to my Tab 3 and LO AND BEHOLD - we can VIDEO CALL!! Think they read this thread and decided to take action?? ;)

Tried the latest update on my Tab 3 8.0 but the video calls fail about 10 secs after I try to connect to a contact. Did you do anything special when installing the new version? What am I missing?

Itstakenovermylife

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I really didn't do anything special. Once Google Play pushed the update through (I'm running at Tab3 10.1), I made a test call and it worked pretty flawlessly. Of course, I'm discounting the crappy video quality that's inherent in any Skype video call... but otherwise it worked fine.

ET-Phone-Home

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't get the video calling to work on my SG Tab 3 8.0. I've tried unistalling, reinstalling and nothing works. There is no option in the Settings menu for me to enable it. The versin of Skype that's
installed is 4.4.0.31835. If this is the problem I have no idea how to get any other version than this. My camera is working in front facing mode without Skype.... any offers of help?

AD Gee

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Could you please confirm that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 actually has a built in mic to make skype calls with or do you actually use headphones with a mic on it? Thankyou

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I have used skype 3 times now on my tab 3.8.0 T310 without updating anything. It has been so successful that my sister has just bought the same model to skype her son in Canada. The problem I had was trying to end the skype call as normal methods left a tiny skype screen in the top right and the voice still connected. Did manage it eventually. The problem some people are having may be due to software issues.
Edit: I have only had my device for 3 months so most updates were probably in place.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Tab 3 10.1 since Christmas and Skype has worked perfectly. I use it on a regular basis and enjoy it!

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech