Tab 3 8.0 Sound & Camera Issues

criyptor

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Samsung Tab 3 today. Was excited and started working on it - things looked good, sound worked great. After I reached home, switched on my wifi and did a bunch of updates (only stock app updates - I did not install any new app). From then, things went south - sound stopped working, tablet restarted every 2 mins and it even started getting a bit warm. So I did a factory reset. The restarts stopped happening, but sound refuses to come on (Sound works fine if I use a bluetooth headset - external speakers seem to have stopped working). Another issue that I see is that video camera keeps failing. Infact, whenever I turn on the camera, the tab just becomes sluggish. This is my 3rd samsung product (had the s2, note 2 earlier) - I have never had these problems with any of my other devices. Makes me think that this device may not be a good one. To make sure it was not a camera app issue, I also installed Camera360 and that also made the device very sluggish. Has anyone else faced the same issue ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If I were you, I'd just bring it back in for an exchange. Don't spend too much time trying to figure this out. If the same problem happens with the replacement, then seriously consider a different device. Since the Tab 3 is brand new, it's hard to say yet how widespread any potential problems might be.

criyptor

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Diddy. I will take it to the service center tomorrow. Just an update - I had the tab powered off for about 1 hour and then switched it on. Everything worked fine (sound / camera). After about 15 mins, same issues - no sound / camera sluggish. Device is getting a little warm (but not too warm)