Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

silverbastet

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. I have to warn you, I'm not well versed in any of this, so be gentle with me.

I rooted my tab 3 yesterday because I was stuck in a boot loop (on the Samsung logo) and it worked, but now my Google Play Store wont open. Just gives me an error that says "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped working." Anyway, I'm not into modding or anything, I only rooted it to get it out of the boot loop. I don't care about having it rooted, and I'd like to unroot it so I can update my software and hopefully get the Play Store to start working again. Unfortunately, since the Play Store wont open, I can't download one of those simple "unroot" apps.

Help me?!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. I have to warn you, I'm not well versed in any of this, so be gentle with me.

I rooted my tab 3 yesterday because I was stuck in a boot loop (on the Samsung logo) and it worked, but now my Google Play Store wont open. Just gives me an error that says "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped working." Anyway, I'm not into modding or anything, I only rooted it to get it out of the boot loop. I don't care about having it rooted, and I'd like to unroot it so I can update my software and hopefully get the Play Store to start working again. Unfortunately, since the Play Store wont open, I can't download one of those simple "unroot" apps.

Help me?!
Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried clearing cache and data in Settings>apps>swipe over to all apps> Play?

silverbastet

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I sure did. I scoured Google with solutions and found that^ recommended everywhere, I did it a couple times and rebooted the tablet and tried one more time, no dice.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I sure did. I scoured Google with solutions and found that^ recommended everywhere, I did it a couple times and rebooted the tablet and tried one more time, no dice.

Your super user app may have a full un root option

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have that. I even went into my settings and into "All" applications to see if it was there, and it's not listed.

Then you should be able to download one from Play. SU from chain fire should allow unrooting.

silverbastet

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Play Store isn't working, remember. It's one of the reasons I want to unroot my device. I can't get one of those unroot apps because Play Store wont open.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Play Store isn't working, remember. It's one of the reasons I want to unroot my device. I can't get one of those unroot apps because Play Store wont open.

OK. You can flash a stock ROM via ODIN. ROM files are available on Samsung updates .com.

silverbastet

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay, can you walk me through how to do that? I have Odin. Where can I get the ROMs...can you send me a link?

Everything I learned up until this point was via Google. I know I sound well versed, but I'm not. I just followed on screen instructions.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, can you walk me through how to do that? I have Odin. Where can I get the ROMs...can you send me a link?

Everything I learned up until this point was via Google. I know I sound well versed, but I'm not. I just followed on screen instructions.

OK. Here: http://samsung-updates.com
General guide to use ODIN : http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html

Read the guide first. See if you can find a video to show you what to kind of expect. Ask any questions. I will do my best to answer.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This may erase files. Back everything up first.
ROM download may take up to an hour. The site throttles it, unless you pay.

silverbastet

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Oh God, I'm just going mad.

So I understand everything you've linked me to there (thanks!) and got it all ready to go, but my stupid tablet will not boot in download mode. I've held down power and the volume down button several times and it just BOOTS UP NORMALLY!!!! ?!?!?!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh God, I'm just going mad.

So I understand everything you've linked me to there (thanks!) and got it all ready to go, but my stupid tablet will not boot in download mode. I've held down power and the volume down button several times and it just BOOTS UP NORMALLY!!!! ?!?!?!

Volume down, home and power?

silverbastet

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I did that (with the home button) and this new screen has loaded up and it doesn't look like the download screen...it says Android system recovery. ?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I did that (with the home button) and this new screen has loaded up and it doesn't look like the download screen...it says Android system recovery. ?

Ok ...so if you reboot by powering off and pressing volume down, home and owed it should bring you to a green scripted screen with warning, with a choice to press up or down, correct?

silverbastet

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The screen is now loading appropriately (the Downloading!! screen, it wasn't last night, I swear! lol)

Let me make sure I"m downloading the right file on the samsung updates site. What file do I want....do I want to download the one that says KERNEL (odin flashable)? Or Just the one that says Stock Firmware?

Website for what I'm asking:
Samsung Updates - Firmware Download Page

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The screen is now loading appropriately (the Downloading!! screen, it wasn't last night, I swear! lol)

Let me make sure I"m downloading the right file on the samsung updates site. What file do I want....do I want to download the one that says KERNEL (odin flashable)? Or Just the one that says Stock Firmware?

Website for what I'm asking:
Samsung Updates - Firmware Download Page

Stock firmware. And as long as you have the right model and region code, you should be fine. It looks right.

silverbastet

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I got it all installed and in "About Device" it says I'm running Android 4.1.2. Yay.

However, MY GOOGLE PLAY STORE STILL IS NOT WORKING!!!!! :( What else can I do?! Everytime I open it, it thinks for a second, shuts down and gives me a message that says "Unfortunately, Google Play Store" has stopped.". I've cleared Cache & Data.

?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood