Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Hi there. I have to warn you, I'm not well versed in any of this, so be gentle with me.

    I rooted my tab 3 yesterday because I was stuck in a boot loop (on the Samsung logo) and it worked, but now my Google Play Store wont open. Just gives me an error that says "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped working." Anyway, I'm not into modding or anything, I only rooted it to get it out of the boot loop. I don't care about having it rooted, and I'd like to unroot it so I can update my software and hopefully get the Play Store to start working again. Unfortunately, since the Play Store wont open, I can't download one of those simple "unroot" apps.

    Help me?!
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    Hi there. I have to warn you, I'm not well versed in any of this, so be gentle with me.

    I rooted my tab 3 yesterday because I was stuck in a boot loop (on the Samsung logo) and it worked, but now my Google Play Store wont open. Just gives me an error that says "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped working." Anyway, I'm not into modding or anything, I only rooted it to get it out of the boot loop. I don't care about having it rooted, and I'd like to unroot it so I can update my software and hopefully get the Play Store to start working again. Unfortunately, since the Play Store wont open, I can't download one of those simple "unroot" apps.

    Help me?!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried clearing cache and data in Settings>apps>swipe over to all apps> Play?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Yeah, I sure did. I scoured Google with solutions and found that^ recommended everywhere, I did it a couple times and rebooted the tablet and tried one more time, no dice.
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    Yeah, I sure did. I scoured Google with solutions and found that^ recommended everywhere, I did it a couple times and rebooted the tablet and tried one more time, no dice.
    Your super user app may have a full un root option

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    My what? I don't have a super user app that I'm aware of?
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    My what? I don't have a super user app that I'm aware of?
    Look in your app drawer. There should be an SU, or superuser application.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    I don't have that. I even went into my settings and into "All" applications to see if it was there, and it's not listed.
  8. #8  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    I don't have that. I even went into my settings and into "All" applications to see if it was there, and it's not listed.
    Then you should be able to download one from Play. SU from chain fire should allow unrooting.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Play Store isn't working, remember. It's one of the reasons I want to unroot my device. I can't get one of those unroot apps because Play Store wont open.
  10. #10  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    Play Store isn't working, remember. It's one of the reasons I want to unroot my device. I can't get one of those unroot apps because Play Store wont open.
    OK. You can flash a stock ROM via ODIN. ROM files are available on Samsung updates .com.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Okay, can you walk me through how to do that? I have Odin. Where can I get the ROMs...can you send me a link?

    Everything I learned up until this point was via Google. I know I sound well versed, but I'm not. I just followed on screen instructions.
  12. #12  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    Okay, can you walk me through how to do that? I have Odin. Where can I get the ROMs...can you send me a link?

    Everything I learned up until this point was via Google. I know I sound well versed, but I'm not. I just followed on screen instructions.
    OK. Here: http://samsung-updates.com
    General guide to use ODIN : [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

    Read the guide first. See if you can find a video to show you what to kind of expect. Ask any questions. I will do my best to answer.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  13. #13  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    This may erase files. Back everything up first.
    ROM download may take up to an hour. The site throttles it, unless you pay.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Oh God, I'm just going mad.

    So I understand everything you've linked me to there (thanks!) and got it all ready to go, but my stupid tablet will not boot in download mode. I've held down power and the volume down button several times and it just BOOTS UP NORMALLY!!!! ?!?!?!
  15. #15  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    Oh God, I'm just going mad.

    So I understand everything you've linked me to there (thanks!) and got it all ready to go, but my stupid tablet will not boot in download mode. I've held down power and the volume down button several times and it just BOOTS UP NORMALLY!!!! ?!?!?!
    Volume down, home and power?

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Okay, so I did that (with the home button) and this new screen has loaded up and it doesn't look like the download screen...it says Android system recovery. ?
  17. #17  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    Okay, so I did that (with the home button) and this new screen has loaded up and it doesn't look like the download screen...it says Android system recovery. ?
    Ok ...so if you reboot by powering off and pressing volume down, home and owed it should bring you to a green scripted screen with warning, with a choice to press up or down, correct?

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    The screen is now loading appropriately (the Downloading!! screen, it wasn't last night, I swear! lol)

    Let me make sure I"m downloading the right file on the samsung updates site. What file do I want....do I want to download the one that says KERNEL (odin flashable)? Or Just the one that says Stock Firmware?

    Website for what I'm asking:
    Samsung Updates - Firmware Download Page
  19. #19  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    The screen is now loading appropriately (the Downloading!! screen, it wasn't last night, I swear! lol)

    Let me make sure I"m downloading the right file on the samsung updates site. What file do I want....do I want to download the one that says KERNEL (odin flashable)? Or Just the one that says Stock Firmware?

    Website for what I'm asking:
    Samsung Updates - Firmware Download Page
    Stock firmware. And as long as you have the right model and region code, you should be fine. It looks right.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Okay, I got it all installed and in "About Device" it says I'm running Android 4.1.2. Yay.

    However, MY GOOGLE PLAY STORE STILL IS NOT WORKING!!!!! What else can I do?! Everytime I open it, it thinks for a second, shuts down and gives me a message that says "Unfortunately, Google Play Store" has stopped.". I've cleared Cache & Data.

    ?!
  21. #21  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    Okay, I got it all installed and in "About Device" it says I'm running Android 4.1.2. Yay.

    However, MY GOOGLE PLAY STORE STILL IS NOT WORKING!!!!! What else can I do?! Everytime I open it, it thinks for a second, shuts down and gives me a message that says "Unfortunately, Google Play Store" has stopped.". I've cleared Cache & Data.

    ?!
    Let me think about this for a bit.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    No problem! Get back to me with what you find out. I'm really losing my mind on this tablet, and Google isn't helping me anymore. I sure hope you can, lol!
  23. #23  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    No problem! Get back to me with what you find out. I'm really losing my mind on this tablet, and Google isn't helping me anymore. I sure hope you can, lol!
    Try going into settings-apps-play and see if it tells you the version.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    It does, it says it's Version 4.3.11
  25. #25  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Can you help me UNROOT my Tab 3?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbastet View Post
    It does, it says it's Version 4.3.11
    Same version I have.... Honestly not sure what else to suggest.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can anyone identify this app?
    By RavenMind in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 01:20 AM
  2. Sprint Tab 3 came with 50gb of dropbox storage
    By BoredandTattooed in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2013, 10:07 AM
  3. Can you add a PDF to email? And an external memory question.
    By Derek PArker in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-19-2013, 04:27 PM
  4. my phone just started downloading a software update ??
    By alex346 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 07:44 PM
  5. Can the note 8 be used as a phone also?
    By Derek PArker in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions