Galaxy Tab 3 7" - Is it a good tablet????

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 3 7" Is it a good tablet????

Is there a reason my 18mb internet is around 12-13 on my tab 3? All my computers are around 17-18

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Wifi tech, CPU speed, storage write speed...take yer pick it depends on the application. For example uTorrent can wind up CPU limited.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Is there a reason my 18mb internet is around 12-13 on my tab 3? All my computers are around 17-18

Pull down menu, tap and hold wifi, tap the active router connected and note your "link speed" to see the size of router connection. 19mb for example you're lucky to get 10 in Speedtest.

Speedtest app for me is reporting 15-25 ping, 28-32mb, 5mb under best conditions with a generic router and 30mb cable connection. Worst case inside house 35-45 ping, 4-7mb, 4-5mb. Not bad I think.

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Pull down menu, tap and hold wifi, tap the active router connected and note your "link speed" to see the size of router connection. 19mb for example you're lucky to get 10 in Speedtest.

Speedtest app for me is reporting 15-25 ping, 28-32mb, 5mb under best conditions with a generic router and 30mb cable connection. Worst case inside house 35-45 ping, 4-7mb, 4-5mb. Not bad I think.

Link speed is 36

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

That's probably part of the problem right there. My average link speed is 65, and I seldom saw even 20mb in Speedtest at that link speed today.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Must be dropping a lot of packets or something. I do always hold Home and select "close all" before running Speedtest but it should not make much difference. The wifi antenna on these is not heroic, but still not as bad as some of my older devices...

DM Test

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy Tab3 is way too pricey compared to other tablets, this is a huge example of a pricey way of paying for a product or service, but if you will compare this to iOS device i would suggest this way more better. If you compare this item with iOS devices you would gain more for a less expensive price.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

iDevice robot seen. Kill it with fire.

No human could call $120-130 way overpriced against other tablets.
Is the 8.0 finally under $200 yet or not?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
The 8 is $269. (That's what it should have debuted at imo) samsung has a bad habit of not lowering the prices of their devices enough, even after being out a long time.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
$250 in cart on Amazon. Still not a great price. But I love how buyer reviews of the Tab 3 7.0 wifi and 8.0 are deeply at odds to the professional reviews. Many of the pro websites keep forgetting who is actually going to buy these things and what they expect out of them.

Food for thought.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
$250 in cart on Amazon. Still not a great price. But I love how buyer reviews of the Tab 3 7.0 wifi and 8.0 are deeply at odds to the professional reviews. Many of the pro websites keep forgetting who is actually going to buy these things and what they expect out of them.

Food for thought.

EXACTLY!!

Your average person does NOT need a lightning fast super duper tablet to receive an enjoyable and productive experience from their device! For what it is, and more importantly its INTENDED PURPOSE the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 is an awesome tablet! The 7.0, well imo not so much.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
EXACTLY!!

Your average person does NOT need a lightning fast super duper tablet to receive an enjoyable and productive experience from their device! For what it is, and more importantly its INTENDED PURPOSE the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 is an awesome tablet! The 7.0, well imo not so much.

Oh believe me!
The GT3 7.0 is great for all the stuff my kids do.
Even I use it from time to time and I'm pretty happy with it.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Food for thought.

That's right! 👍😃

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Oh believe me!

I know, I got my son the kids edition. Thats how I found outbthat I do not like it. It's not the same tab either. The kids edition does not have GPS or an IR blaster.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh believe me!

If all I could get was the wifi version, then I would've hands down got the 8" model. As far as the wifi ones go, it is obviously the best of the 3 available. A little odd of a thing though, I actually like the button on the 7" version better. Seems a little wider or something.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I know, I got my son the kids edition. Thats how I found outbthat I do not like it. It's not the same tab either. The kids edition does not have GPS or an IR blaster.

Yea, my wife wanted the kids edition at first but she came around and now she loves using our GT3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463