Galaxy Tab 3 7" - Is it a good tablet????

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 3 7" Is it a good tablet????

So far so good. I have noticed that the stock mp3 player doesn't have great audio but I am going to try a few apps with a built in equalizer to see if it gets any better. I am not disappointed so far. I am curious to see if the tab gets updated to 4.3 or 4.4.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

So far so good. I have noticed that the stock mp3 player doesn't have great audio but I am going to try a few apps with a built in equalizer to see if it gets any better. I am not disappointed so far. I am curious to see if the tab gets updated to 4.3 or 4.4.

What kind of headphones/speakers are you using?

from a Note 3

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Stock Samsung earbuds that originally came with the 7.0 Plus Tab I used to have. I have used the buds on my phone (HTC EVO LTE w/beats processing) which is where my audio claim is based on.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

The tab plus is still the better speced device but I doubt it will see any software support

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

The tab plus is still the better speced device but I doubt it will see any software support

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Dang, I would hate to have it without any hope for software updates! :banghead:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Really thinking this Sprint deal might be for me. I carry around my Note 10.1 and run it off of Sprint hotspot all the time. It's a bit big as previously I carried a BlackBerry PlayBook and used the Note 10.1 at home only. But my PlayBook is dead beyond repair. I pay $20 a month for 2GB now for hotspot and only ever use it on my Note. This sounds great to me. Get the $15/ month plan for the same amount of data on a more portable tablet, no more using hotspot.
I see myself grabbing one of these by the end of the week.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Well, after thinking about it since this deal started.
I finally went to a Sprint store last night and got it!

Actually, they didn't have any in store so they ordered it, I'll probably have it by the weekend! :thumbup::cool:

MsBuzzman

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Can anyone tell me if it is worth the $5 plan with all the other fees tacked on? This tablet would be my only sprint device on their service. I'd hate to have my bill be $10 or more due to all the other charges tacked on! Then it's almost not worth the $50 deal for this tablet.

Also, what is the ETF for a tablet on sprint? Thanks.

Another thought- can it be unlocked and used on tmobile's free 200 mb program for free?

edit- won't work at all on gsm networks. I thought it might be like the iphones- cdma, with a gsm slot too. Frequencies and Data Type LTE: Bands 25; CDMA/PCS [800]MHz/[1900]MHz. No support for any gsm carriers.

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Sprint store just called me!
I'm about to go and get my new toy, well, it'll be my son's toy actually! :thumbup::cool:

I'll just get the $5/month plan since I don't need data on that tablet. I got it because it was free for me, yes, no $50 payment=free! Woohoo!!!
:thumbup::cool::D

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

My Galaxy S4 needed company, someone from the family...:thumbup::cool::D

Attachments

• 1383354639766.jpg
    1383354639766.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 1383354655026.jpg
    1383354655026.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 46

MsBuzzman

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

I'm about to go and get my new toy, well, it'll be my son's toy actually! :thumbup::cool:

I'll just get the $5/month plan since I don't need data on that tablet. I got it because it was free for me, yes, no $50 payment=free! Woohoo!!!

So How'd you get it for free??? Wanna share? :p And enjoy your tablet!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I was just lucky or God was helping I guess! :thumbup::D
One of the guys I know in that store said he could help me get it with a $50 instant savings, so it was free!!! :thumbup::cool:

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Well I ordered mine today. Then I got an email stating that they were back ordered. Then around 10 that same night I received an email stating that it had been shipped! Mine not free, but I still feel it's a great deal for a small tab. You can always reduce the data package later so for now I'm going with the 2GB plan.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Well I ordered mine today. Then I got an email stating that they were back ordered. Then around 10 that same night I received an email stating that it had been shipped! Mine not free, but I still feel it's a great deal for a small tab. You can always reduce the data package later so for now I'm going with the 2GB plan.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

You right, at $50 is still a great deal, and we can always change the plan. :thumbup::D

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

I have got the wifi version. Will play around with it in a months time anx see qhat its like.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

My Galaxy S4 needed company, someone from the family...:thumbup::cool::D

Looks great. I was a little concerned that the processor wasn't really what they claimed it was. As if you look in my attached screenshot from the Sprint site, I'm pretty sure I found something false.
But dang I wish it had auto focus.

Attachments

• 2013-11-03-00-11-00.png
    2013-11-03-00-11-00.png
    615.2 KB · Views: 46

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Looks great. I was a little concerned that the processor wasn't really what they claimed it was. As if you look in my attached screenshot from the Sprint site, I'm pretty sure I found something false.
But dang I wish it had auto focus.

Hahaha... Idiots, this tablet doesn't have a flash! :eek::rolleyes:
I wish it did though! :thumbup::D

brad4560

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

glad I found this thread. been wanting a android tablet for a while now, (I have an ipad mini now, but I am just eager to get back into the android ecosystem!) seems this would be a good choice for me, email, photos, watching music videos, etc. will not cost me a lot if I do trade in my ipad mini. hmm.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Hello Brad, just have in mind that you need to sign a two year contract to get the $49.99 deal for this tablet.
Also, if you're going to use the mobile data, the $15/month plan for 2GB is probably your best bet.

I would ask for an additional discount. I was able to get it for free without even asking, but they know me at that store.

Good luck and enjoy, if you get it. :thumbup::cool:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

glad I found this thread. been wanting a android tablet for a while now, (I have an ipad mini now, but I am just eager to get back into the android ecosystem!) seems this would be a good choice for me, email, photos, watching music videos, etc. will not cost me a lot if I do trade in my ipad mini. hmm.

I should have mine by Tuesday and as a former user of the ipad mini, if you want to do more with a tablet, then I don't think you will be disappointed. I sold my Mini after 4 months to get the original Galaxy Note 10.1. No regrets there. So I'm sure you will be happy if you want to do more with a tab than what iOS allows you.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11