Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 7" Is it a good tablet????

Well damn, I'm gonna have to check a corporate store near me then.

Also....whats HoFo?
    Last edited by JnEricsonx; 12-25-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: more info.
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by JnEricsonx View Post
    So, since I'm finalizing making my decision, for internet/youtube/movie watching/streaming/old school and some new school gaming, you could do worse for 50 bucks up front and 15 bucks a month for 2 gigs of data?
    That's right!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Global Posts
    4,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by 541rrhse View Post
    How I got the deal - Sprint Corporate store, 'heard there was a free offer'

Someone on HoFo said they got one free saying it was store dependent, I was looking to buy 2 of them. I first went into an independent Sprint store and they offered $5 off the $50 price. I then tried a Sprint Corp store and they offered them for $0.00 and $0.00 activation charges. I put them on the $15 2GB plan. They didn't even try to bargain just saying sure thing no problem.
    I also got mine for free at a corporate Sprint store, but I didn't ask, they offered it free to me! I guess because 2 of the guys there have known me since the Palm Prē launch day. 👍😆

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    541rrhse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deanodrums View Post
    I bought a couple of gel cases for them. I will have to get sd cards soon or wait till after christmas. The tabs are only 8gb storage so will probably get another 8gb sd cards for them. 12gb is enough for them
    You actually have less than 12 gb

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    That's another plus on the GT3 from Sprint. It comes with Android 4.2.2.
    Hopefully it'll get 4.4 sometime soon in the next few months.

Why would I want Sprint's tab 3 with a data plan when I already have the note 3 on Sprint and can just use my wifi hotspot to connect to it?

Quote Originally Posted by stackberry369 View Post
    Why would I want Sprint's tab 3 with a data plan when I already have the note 3 on Sprint and can just use my wifi hotspot to connect to it?

For one reason, the sprint 2gb data plan for the tab 3 is cheaper than the 2gb hotspot option on your phone (assuming you would keep the hotspot option on every month to support the tab 3 wifi version on the go). Also, its nice to have the tab autonomous from the phone rather than having to constantly tether it on the go (e.g having to activate the hotspot every time you get in the car) especially when using it in yor car as both the nav and entertainment systems.

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    For one reason, the sprint 2gb data plan for the tab 3 is cheaper than the 2gb hotspot option on your phone (assuming you would keep the hotspot option on every month to support the tab 3 wifi version on the go). Also, its nice to have the tab autonomous from the phone rather than having to constantly tether it on the go (e.g having to activate the hotspot every time you get in the car) especially when using it in yor car as both the nav and entertainment systems.

Who wants 2 data plans though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Zagotti View Post
    I currently have the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and I am considering getting the Tab 3 7". I would like to get people's opinions on the tab, is it worth it, what's good about it, bad about it, etc...

I have read a lot of the reviews and I am split down the middle if I want it or not. The screen resolution isn't a big deal to me, I mainly do reading, net surfing, some light gaming, and email. If it has the same resolution as my current tab I am happy with that. Looking at Sprint's $49.00 offer which makes it a good deal in my eyes but I know the Google Nexus is the best 7" tab out there.

Thanks for the opinions.
    I wish I had seen your post sooner. I too have a 7 plus. I pretty much do the same... Read, light email, Web and some TV using my Slingbox. Paid $350 in December 2011.
    This tablet has been flawless. Has 16g of internal and a 32g SD card so has plenty of storage. In a case for the whole time with a screen protector, so it still looks brand new. Only downside is that I am stuck on ICS.
    I pick up every tablet that comes out... Think I will stay with this, my Note 2, Gear and wait for the Note 10.
    Happy Holidays!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

I have the Tab 3 8...I returned the Nexus 7....too many glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Sacks View Post
    I wish I had seen your post sooner. I too have a 7 plus. I pretty much do the same... Read, light email, Web and some TV using my Slingbox. Paid $350 in December 2011.
    This tablet has been flawless. Has 16g of internal and a 32g SD card so has plenty of storage. In a case for the whole time with a screen protector, so it still looks brand new. Only downside is that I am stuck on ICS.
    I pick up every tablet that comes out... Think I will stay with this, my Note 2, Gear and wait for the Note 10.
    Happy Holidays!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app
    See my posts (#20 & #23) near the end of this: Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 GT-P6210 Receives Official Android 4.1.2 XXMD3 Jelly Bean Update [How to Manuall

Rooting the Tab 7.0 Plus was easy as was installing the UK version of Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Works great.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

The reasoning below is good enough I would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post

Global Posts
    4,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Who wants 2 data plans though?

I do! As many others.

I needed a cheap but good enough tablet for my kids.

I got the GT3 for free and I also needed data on it to keep my kids entertain when we're out and about.
    Before, they use to borrow my phone and hang up on calls or I would miss messages and emails.

The truth is, this tablet has been a great thing for my family. I say $15/month for that is a very good price to pay.

Last edited by STARGATE; 12-30-2013 at 08:13 AM.

I do! As many others.

I needed a cheap but good enough tablet for my kids.

I got the GT3 for free and I also needed data on it to keep my kids entertain when we're out and about.
    Before, they use to borrow my phone and hang up on calls or I would miss messages and emails.

The truth is, this tablet has been a great thing for my family. I say $15/month for that is a very good price to pay.

Yup, same here.... to a "T". Gonna try this app out:

But then I decided to pick one up myself. It's been a solid tablet and spec'd better than the WiFi version, I'd buy the Nexus 7 over the WiFi version of the Tab 3 all day long.
    Last edited by 541rrhse; 12-29-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

Bend, Oregon
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Yup, same here.... to a "T". Gonna try this app out:

But then I decided to pick one up myself. It's been a solid tablet and spec'd better than the WiFi version, I'd buy the Nexus 7 over the WiFi version of the Tab 3 all day long.
    Definitely better specs on this one!
    I do like the Nexus but I also wanted extra storage, the Nexus doesn't have that.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

Definitely better specs on this one!
    I do like the Nexus but I also wanted extra storage, the Nexus doesn't have that.

Oh forgot about that, the big knock on this Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 (7") is the resolution..... but it appears fine to me. I was expecting it to be terrible and was pleasantly surprised.

Bend, Oregon

Global Posts
    4,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Oh forgot about that, the big knock on this Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 (7") is the resolution..... but it appears fine to me. I was expecting it to be terrible and was pleasantly surprised.
    I agree on that. I read somewhere that the resolution wasn't full HD so I didn't know what to expect.

Of course it's not as pretty compared to my GS4, but it's good enough and better then others.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #142  

I agree on that. I read somewhere that the resolution wasn't full HD so I didn't know what to expect.

Of course it's not as pretty compared to my GS4, but it's good enough and better then others.

I still say the Sprint GT3 is a great buy for $50 out the door. I like the IR blaster which works well, I like the ability to increase the storage with a micro SD card, the display is good enough for me and I am finding more utility compared to the old 7.0 plus tab I sold to get the GT3. The Sprint version is a better buy spec wise compared to the WiFi only version even with the added data plan. I see the comments on some of the threads knocking the GT3 and my response to that is if you don't like it don't buy it. Go buy a Nexus.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    STARGATE likes this.

You actually have less than 12 gb

Well 8 + 8 is 16 isnt it?
    So i figured that the OS took up around 4gb of my original 8gb then i'll add an 8gb card to the remaining 4gb it should equal 12gb,right????
    Anyways im gonna have to get them cos they have filled it up with no problems. Mainly pics and videos.
    They are both starting to freeze and crash alot but figured it could be not enough memory to run smoothly.

What do people expect from an 7" tablet that now costs under 100 here in the UK (i paid 160 two months before christmas).
    I think they are pretty good for a bog standard tab. I must admit memory wise the UK version is a bit naff, only 8gb storage with half of that taken up by samsungs own stuff
    but other than that pretty cool tab

Global Posts
    4,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Zagotti View Post
    I still say the Sprint GT3 is a great buy for $50 out the door. I like the IR blaster which works well, I like the ability to increase the storage with a micro SD card, the display is good enough for me and I am finding more utility compared to the old 7.0 plus tab I sold to get the GT3. The Sprint version is a better buy spec wise compared to the WiFi only version even with the added data plan. I see the comments on some of the threads knocking the GT3 and my response to that is if you don't like it don't buy it. Go buy a Nexus.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    I definitely agree with that! :thumbup:

I have had the Sprint Tab 3 with 2GB data plan for about 2 months. I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the screen and the responsiveness of the tablet. I have added a 32GB sd card, and I am happy with over 42GB of storage. The sound is good enough, however, I also purchased the Jawbone Jambox - Amazon.com: Jawbone JamBox (Black Diamond): Cell Phones & Accessories.

The case I purchased is serving me well. - Amazon.com: Fintie Folio Hardback Leather Case with Built-in Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 inch Tablet (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty) - Red: Computers & Accessories

The screen protector has been good, too - Amazon.com: Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - 7" Premium Antiglare & Antifingerprint Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

I am pleased with this tablet!
    Thanked by:
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    4,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by ramurphyjr View Post
    I have had the Sprint Tab 3 with 2GB data plan for about 2 months. I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the screen and the responsiveness of the tablet. I have added a 32GB sd card, and I am happy with over 42GB of storage. The sound is good enough, however, I also purchased the Jawbone Jambox - Amazon.com: Jawbone JamBox (Black Diamond): Cell Phones & Accessories.

The case I purchased is serving me well. - Amazon.com: Fintie Folio Hardback Leather Case with Built-in Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 inch Tablet (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty) - Red: Computers & Accessories

The screen protector has been good, too - Amazon.com: Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - 7" Premium Antiglare & Antifingerprint Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

I am pleased with this tablet!
    My son already scratched the screen, but I definitely am looking for a nice screen protector.
    How good is the one you have?

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

My wifey & I have one, there not bad, there are better tabs out there but they might not have cell conection. Wait if you can there is SUPPOSED to be a new better batch comming out this quarter, but don't hold me to that, I just read it somewhere. Some of them are SUPPOSED to be going to carrier 's. If Sprint gets a better one I'm going to give mine to my daughter & get me the better one. If it's at all true.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    My wifey & I have one, there not bad, there are better tabs out there but they might not have cell conection. Wait if you can there is SUPPOSED to be a new better batch comming out this quarter, but don't hold me to that, I just read it somewhere. Some of them are SUPPOSED to be going to carrier 's. If Sprint gets a better one I'm going to give mine to my daughter & get me the better one. If it's at all true.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    This is my first "Connected Device" and I've kinda become used to the mobile data capability. I've had Data Cards and MiFi devices in the past but this is different. I'm contemplating a Sprint Chromebook if such an option presents its self.

Bend, Oregon

Global Posts
    4,094 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

This is my first "Connected Device" and I've kinda become used to the mobile data capability. I've had Data Cards and MiFi devices in the past but this is different. I'm contemplating a Sprint Chromebook if such an option presents its self.
    I'm with you on that. 👍😃

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast