Galaxy Tab 3 7" - Is it a good tablet????

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 3 7" Is it a good tablet????

Amazon.com: BOOK COVER GARNET RED FOR: Camera & Photo

It was only $35. The link is above if you are interested.
Everywhere else I've looked it seems to be $50. Too much. But $35 was good enough for me.

Thanks. I never registered my GS4 with Samsung, I'm thinking about doing it and getting 50% off the red or white cover. That would be $25 which is $10 cheaper then Amazon.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I bought a Travelocity soft neoprene case from Big Lots, I think it cost $8. My case on the tab is called Moko Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 case sold on Amazon for $5.99.

1384994511169.jpg1384994523742.jpg1384994537263.jpg

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

OMGr8573

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I got the Galaxy Tab 3 7" from AT&T about a month or so ago. I like it a lot, plus I can use the data from my whole shared data plan when I'm away from WiFi. Another good thing is when the Tab 4 comes to AT&T next year I can trade this one in for it if I wish with that AT&T Next thing.

This is the second Tab I've owned, had the first Tab 7" from Sprint a few years back. One thing I highly dislike tho... no built-in texting app. The first Tab 7" I had from Sprint had a true Android texting app, Tab 3 doesn't at all. Pretty sure I've read that Tab 2 had one too, so not sure why they left it out of Tab 3. Besides that I really like the Tab 3 7".

techblue1123

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Tiger Direct and other online retailers are offering the WiFi version for $159.99 as I type this. Been wanting a tablet for awhile (mostly for an E-Reader) and trust Samsung as a brand. However I've also considered looked at that Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet but of course that has service tied to it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I got the Galaxy Tab 3 7" from AT&T about a month or so ago. I like it a lot, plus I can use the data from my whole shared data plan when I'm away from WiFi. Another good thing is when the Tab 4 comes to AT&T next year I can trade this one in for it if I wish with that AT&T Next thing.

This is the second Tab I've owned, had the first Tab 7" from Sprint a few years back. One thing I highly dislike tho... no built-in texting app. The first Tab 7" I had from Sprint had a true Android texting app, Tab 3 doesn't at all. Pretty sure I've read that Tab 2 had one too, so not sure why they left it out of Tab 3. Besides that I really like the Tab 3 7".

I guess Samsung is trying to push their ChatOn service.
Does it actually work on the Sprint GT3? I haven't tried yet.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Tiger Direct and other online retailers are offering the WiFi version for $159.99 as I type this. Been wanting a tablet for awhile (mostly for an E-Reader) and trust Samsung as a brand. However I've also considered looked at that Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet but of course that has service tied to it.
Yea, I've seen it in Sam's at $180 and $170. Black Friday prices should be lower I guess.

There are cheap tablets everywhere. Like Walmart is advertising a couple 7" tablets for like $60.

The Galaxy Tab 3 from Sprint is actually better (faster processor, 16GB on board storage and so on) and has the data service that many people like me need on the road for different reasons.

OMGr8573

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I guess Samsung is trying to push their ChatOn service.
Does it actually work on the Sprint GT3? I haven't tried yet.

ChatOn would be fine if I could text friends/family that used just a normal texting app. But since anyone I messaged would need ChatOn also there's no point in me even messing with it.

No idea if ChatOn works for Sprint, mine is AT&T... plus never messed with ChatOn at all.

One other thing I highly dislike is ALL the freakin bloatware. Wouldn't be so bad but there's a good bit of it, and that takes up space I could use to add apps I want... not apps they want me to want!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

ChatOn would be fine if I could text friends/family that used just a normal texting app. But since anyone I messaged would need ChatOn also there's no point in me even messing with it.

No idea if ChatOn works for Sprint, mine is AT&T... plus never messed with ChatOn at all.

One other thing I highly dislike is ALL the freakin bloatware. Wouldn't be so bad but there's a good bit of it, and that takes up space I could use to add apps I want... not apps they want me to want!
Yes, in another thread someone suggested talkatone from the play store. I've used it already and works pretty good off your Google Voice number, if you have one. :thumbup::cool:

I understand that also magic jack will work, I have magic jack at home, I'll test it tomorrow.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
This 👆👦

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

The Galaxy Tab 3 7" is my first tablet, I didn't "buy" it, I got it for "free" through a promotion with my bank, it's okay, but all I really use it for is eBooks, nothing else you can really do when the one I have is WiFi only.

I don't even know why Samsung decided to call this version GT3, when it's hardly a new version, it's more like a refresh of the GT2 line, so I started calling mine the GT2.5; hopefully Samsung will redeem itself with the GT4!

Not to mention they didn't even release it with 4.2, they had all the time and decided to release it with an older version of 4, it's the same bull**** Sony pulled with the Xperia X10 when it first came out!

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Not to mention they didn't even release it with 4.2, they had all the time and decided to release it with an older version of 4, it's the same bull**** Sony pulled with the Xperia X10 when it first came out!

Lol it's Samsung on a product line that is generally considered to be second rate. I must admit your expectations surprise me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

The Galaxy Tab 3 7" is my first tablet, I didn't "buy" it, I got it for "free" through a promotion with my bank, it's okay, but all I really use it for is eBooks, nothing else you can really do when the one I have is WiFi only.

I don't even know why Samsung decided to call this version GT3, when it's hardly a new version, it's more like a refresh of the GT2 line, so I started calling mine the GT2.5; hopefully Samsung will redeem itself with the GT4!

That's another plus on the GT3 from Sprint. It comes with Android 4.2.2.
Hopefully it'll get 4.4 sometime soon in the next few months.

techblue1123

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Yea, I've seen it in Sam's at $180 and $170. Black Friday prices should be lower I guess.

There are cheap tablets everywhere. Like Walmart is advertising a couple 7" tablets for like $60.

True but alot of the no-name brand tablets typically don't have accessories like cases made specifically for them. Typically they only care universal ones.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

True but alot of the no-name brand tablets typically don't have accessories like cases made specifically for them. Typically they only care universal ones.

Unfortunately that's true. :(

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

As I mentioned, the 7" is WiFi only, and I am in Canada, Sprint doesn't exist here.

Yea I know, I was just pointing the obvious plus in the Sprint GT3 that we can get our hands on in the US. ;)

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Google voice works great on mine. I use Chaton as a blog reader for tech articles from Engadget, etc. Otherwise it is Samsung bloatware.

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Best Buy here in Canada is now selling the Galaxy Tab 3 8" & 10.1" with Android 4.2...so where the hell is 4.2 for the 7"..?!

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

My wife and I really like ours, although the screen and hardware is more like the S3. I want a Note 8 but maybe that will be a later purchase. I have the new Note 3 phone and want the Note tablet.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

My wife and I really like ours, although the screen and hardware is more like the S3. I want a Note 8 but maybe that will be a later purchase. I have the new Note 3 phone and want the Note tablet.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

That's why it's cheap, but it delivers!
My GT3 is used normally by my little boy, but I also use it a lot and so far it's been a great little tablet. :thumbup::D

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

What stuff have you disabled on the tabs?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app