Galaxy Tab 3 7" - Is it a good tablet????

svelt

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 3 7" Is it a good tablet????

There is one feature that I noticed you can do on this tab that you can't do on others, move apps to the sd card. I use apps2sd and I moved games to my SD card. My old 7.0 Plus tab didnt do that and I am still using the same micro sd card in my new tab.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Can someone let me know how you managed to do this? I downloaded the same app (apps2sd) but I don't see anywhere that it lets me move the apps onto the SD card. I think it may be disabled due to a hardware limitation on the Tab 3.0 7". Any help?

As for the tablet itself, it's not bad if you can get it for more or less free like I did. The Nexus 7 smokes it in every spec category except for the microSD, which is why being able to move apps to it is such a crucial feature for this tablet. You can have up to 80 gigs of storage on this thing vs a 32gb Nexus.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

So, since I'm finalizing making my decision, for internet/youtube/movie watching/streaming/old school and some new school gaming, you could do worse for 50 bucks up front and 15 bucks a month for 2 gigs of data?

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I was able to get 2 of them the other day at a Sprint Corporate store for free with free activation. These were added to my existing account. I wasn't even considering this tablet or a connected one through a wireless operator until this deal came about. I also noticed the specs on the Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 is upgraded from the WiFi version.

Sprint Version

Processor
1.7 GHz dual core processor

Memory
16GB internal memory(ROM), 1.5GB (RAM)

Operating system
Android 4.2

WiFi Version

Processor
1.2 GHz dual-core processor

Memory
8GB internal memory(ROM), 1.0GB (RAM)

Operating system
Android 4.1.2

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

I qualified for a Sprint account, though I have nothing on it, how did you get those for free, and with no activation fee in a corporate store? I know if you get it online there's no activation fee, but if you can get both free and no activation, please, tell me how, I'm gonna get the damn thing.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I qualified for a Sprint account, though I have nothing on it, how did you get those for free, and with no activation fee in a corporate store? I know if you get it online there's no activation fee, but if you can get both free and no activation, please, tell me how, I'm gonna get the damn thing.
How I got the deal - Sprint Corporate store, 'heard there was a free offer'

Someone on HoFo said they got one free saying it was store dependent, I was looking to buy 2 of them. I first went into an independent Sprint store and they offered $5 off the $50 price. I then tried a Sprint Corp store and they offered them for $0.00 and $0.00 activation charges. I put them on the $15 2GB plan. They didn't even try to bargain just saying sure thing no problem. :)

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

Well damn, I'm gonna have to check a corporate store near me then.

Also....whats HoFo?

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

So, since I'm finalizing making my decision, for internet/youtube/movie watching/streaming/old school and some new school gaming, you could do worse for 50 bucks up front and 15 bucks a month for 2 gigs of data?

That's right!

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

How I got the deal - Sprint Corporate store, 'heard there was a free offer'

Someone on HoFo said they got one free saying it was store dependent, I was looking to buy 2 of them. I first went into an independent Sprint store and they offered $5 off the $50 price. I then tried a Sprint Corp store and they offered them for $0.00 and $0.00 activation charges. I put them on the $15 2GB plan. They didn't even try to bargain just saying sure thing no problem. :)

I also got mine for free at a corporate Sprint store, but I didn't ask, they offered it free to me! I guess because 2 of the guys there have known me since the Palm Prē launch day. 👍😆

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I bought a couple of gel cases for them. I will have to get sd cards soon or wait till after christmas. The tabs are only 8gb storage so will probably get another 8gb sd cards for them. 12gb is enough for them :D

You actually have less than 12 gb

Posted via Android Central App

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

That's another plus on the GT3 from Sprint. It comes with Android 4.2.2.
Hopefully it'll get 4.4 sometime soon in the next few months.

Why would I want Sprint's tab 3 with a data plan when I already have the note 3 on Sprint and can just use my wifi hotspot to connect to it?

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Why would I want Sprint's tab 3 with a data plan when I already have the note 3 on Sprint and can just use my wifi hotspot to connect to it?

For one reason, the sprint 2gb data plan for the tab 3 is cheaper than the 2gb hotspot option on your phone (assuming you would keep the hotspot option on every month to support the tab 3 wifi version on the go). Also, its nice to have the tab autonomous from the phone rather than having to constantly tether it on the go (e.g having to activate the hotspot every time you get in the car) especially when using it in yor car as both the nav and entertainment systems.

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

For one reason, the sprint 2gb data plan for the tab 3 is cheaper than the 2gb hotspot option on your phone (assuming you would keep the hotspot option on every month to support the tab 3 wifi version on the go). Also, its nice to have the tab autonomous from the phone rather than having to constantly tether it on the go (e.g having to activate the hotspot every time you get in the car) especially when using it in yor car as both the nav and entertainment systems.

Who wants 2 data plans though?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I currently have the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and I am considering getting the Tab 3 7". I would like to get people's opinions on the tab, is it worth it, what's good about it, bad about it, etc...

I have read a lot of the reviews and I am split down the middle if I want it or not. The screen resolution isn't a big deal to me, I mainly do reading, net surfing, some light gaming, and email. If it has the same resolution as my current tab I am happy with that. Looking at Sprint's $49.00 offer which makes it a good deal in my eyes but I know the Google Nexus is the best 7" tab out there.

Thanks for the opinions.

I wish I had seen your post sooner. I too have a 7 plus. I pretty much do the same... Read, light email, Web and some TV using my Slingbox. Paid $350 in December 2011.
This tablet has been flawless. Has 16g of internal and a 32g SD card so has plenty of storage. In a case for the whole time with a screen protector, so it still looks brand new. Only downside is that I am stuck on ICS.
I pick up every tablet that comes out... Think I will stay with this, my Note 2, Gear and wait for the Note 10.
Happy Holidays!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I wish I had seen your post sooner. I too have a 7 plus. I pretty much do the same... Read, light email, Web and some TV using my Slingbox. Paid $350 in December 2011.
This tablet has been flawless. Has 16g of internal and a 32g SD card so has plenty of storage. In a case for the whole time with a screen protector, so it still looks brand new. Only downside is that I am stuck on ICS.
I pick up every tablet that comes out... Think I will stay with this, my Note 2, Gear and wait for the Note 10.
Happy Holidays!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app
See my posts (#20 & #23) near the end of this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...elly-bean-update-how-manuall.html#post3312280

Rooting the Tab 7.0 Plus was easy as was installing the UK version of Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Works great.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

The reasoning below is good enough I would say.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Who wants 2 data plans though?

I do! As many others.

I needed a cheap but good enough tablet for my kids.

I got the GT3 for free and I also needed data on it to keep my kids entertain when we're out and about.
Before, they use to borrow my phone and hang up on calls or I would miss messages and emails.

The truth is, this tablet has been a great thing for my family. I say $15/month for that is a very good price to pay.

Last edited:

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I do! As many others.

I needed a cheap but good enough tablet for my kids.

I got the GT3 for free and I also needed data on it to keep my kids entertain when we're out and about.
Before, they use to borrow my phone and hang up on calls or I would miss messages and emails.

The truth is, this tablet has been a great thing for my family. I say $15/month for that is a very good price to pay.

Yup, same here.... to a "T". :) Gonna try this app out: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.famigo.sandbox&hl=en&token=hkibr_Xq

But then I decided to pick one up myself. It's been a solid tablet and spec'd better than the WiFi version, I'd buy the Nexus 7 over the WiFi version of the Tab 3 all day long.

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Yup, same here.... to a "T". :) Gonna try this app out: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.famigo.sandbox&hl=en&token=yO8CtKmb

But then I decided to pick one up myself. It's been a solid tablet and spec'd better than the WiFi version, I'd buy the Nexus 7 over the WiFi version of the Tab 3 all day long.

Definitely better specs on this one!
I do like the Nexus but I also wanted extra storage, the Nexus doesn't have that.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Definitely better specs on this one!
I do like the Nexus but I also wanted extra storage, the Nexus doesn't have that.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
Oh forgot about that, the big knock on this Sprint Galaxy Tab 3 (7") is the resolution..... but it appears fine to me. I was expecting it to be terrible and was pleasantly surprised.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
someguyredeye