Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

pavlo3d

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I have a Samsung note 10.1 and using the allshare cast feature I have been able to screen mirror directly with my TV. I then went out and purchased a tab3 confident that it would do the same thing as it is a new device but I now have problems connecting it. I can not find the feature as easy as I can on the note. Is it possible at all. PLEASE help =(

Last edited by a moderator:

cameron1002

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey Pavlo3D I was thinking the exact same thing recently, as I was thinking of Purchasing an app that allows you to mirror your device on your PC,
however I cannot for the life of me see Screen mirroring anywhere on my tablet... I'm not sure if they have included this feature on the tab 3 10.1 which I think is ridiculous considering it has obviously featured on older models, and the 7" model which I've seen a video of on YouTube.

If any one knows anything about this please do share!

Hope we both find the answers we're looking for.

Posted via Android Central App

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

Guys

The Screen Mirroring function on the Tab 3 8.0 is in the Quick Settings (swipe down top of the screen) to see the settings.

cameron1002

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

We don't have the Tab 3 8 we have the Tab 3 10.1 which is the 10" model

pavlo3d

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

nope its not. and if you were to go into settings i cant find the allshare cast. i gues the tab 3 is the watered down,slow brother version of the note. they have to do something to make you buy the note i guess this is one of the things. :( conclusion : Tab 3 10.1 = CRAP
Aren't the Quick Settings the same?

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

nope its not. and if you were to go into settings i cant find the allshare cast. i gues the tab 3 is the watered down,slow brother version of the note. they have to do something to make you buy the note i guess this is one of the things. :( conclusion : Tab 3 10.1 = CRAP

I think that the Allshare Play or Cast App is now the called the Samsung Link App, you should have that on your Tab 3 10.1.

pavlo3d

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

the app you are talking about is samsung play. it allows you to stream videos, music and pictures. its not the same as allshare cast ( screen mirroring) even though i could not install it, i managed to get that bit going, but not the actual screen mirroring.
I think that the Allshare Play or Cast App is now the called the Samsung Link App, you should have that on your Tab 3 10.1.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

the app you are talking about is samsung play. it allows you to stream videos, music and pictures. its not the same as allshare cast ( screen mirroring) even though i could not install it, i managed to get that bit going, but not the actual screen mirroring.

pavlo3d

When I search for Samsung Link in Google Play, it tells me that it replaced Allshare Play.
Is Allshare Play different from Allshare Cast?

cameron1002

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Surely they will release screen mirroring for the Tab 3 10.1 eventually! It's still pretty new maybe 4 mo ths old, but perhaps they are developing it? We might see it in the next software update :-/

pavlo3d

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

pavlo3d

When I search for Samsung Link in Google Play, it tells me that it replaced Allshare Play.
Is Allshare Play different from Allshare Cast?

this app is not compatible with tab 3. I found it on google play but it says its not compatible with the device. :(

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm about to buy the tab 3 8.0. Will streaming work with any HD TV or must it be a Samsung TV and or require a device. My iPad streams everything wirelessly but an apple TV device is required. What's the deal here. TIA. PS -- WILL the os im my new t38 be updated like my nexus 7 to the latest android which now is 4.33. I believe the Samsung is still 4.2.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

this app is not compatible with tab 3. I found it on google play but it says its not compatible with the device. :(

How strange? If you go to the Samsung USA website in the Tab 3 10.1 section (see link below) and scroll down the page to compatiable Samsung APPS, you will see the Samsung Link App. I wonder why Google Play is saying it is incompatiable with Tab 3 s....very odd. I'm pretty sure that the Samsung Link App was on my Tab 3 8.0 when I bought it, one would think that the 10.1 which is more expensive than the 8.0, would have the same functionality, Apps and more! Sorry I could not be of any help.

Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 3 10.0 (Wi-Fi)

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm about to buy the tab 3 8.0. Will streaming work with any HD TV or must it be a Samsung TV and or require a device. My iPad streams everything wirelessly but an apple TV device is required. What's the deal here. TIA. PS -- WILL the os im my new t38 be updated like my nexus 7 to the latest android which now is 4.33. I believe the Samsung is still 4.2.

I know my Tab 3 8.0 works wirelessly with my Samsung Smart HD TV, but I think you may need a device to connect to a none Samsung HD TV. I would look on there website in the Accessories page for the Tab 3 8.0......there are several options available there.
Accessories - Wi-Fi Tabs SM-T310 | Samsung Galaxy Tab

As for the second part of your question ........ I sure hope we get an Android 4.33 upgrade.

Jason_bas

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

I purchased Tab3 as an upgrade to my Tab2 and observed Tab3 10.1" don't have AllShare cast or Samsung Link. Got this replaced with another Tab3 10.1". Again the same issue - No all share or samsung link which would help in screen mirroring. I called up Samsung customer care. They thought it should have been there and the product should have these preinstalled. They suggested me to go on google play and install but these apps were not found in google play. I tried searching the apps on google search which directed me to the google play. But there was a message "this app is not compatible with your device". I searched online for any help but there was none available. Went to currys PC world and saw Tab3 8" version had all these and screen mirroring. but 10" doesn't have it. It was a news for the retailers. Called up samsung customer care again today to mention this but they don't want to accept that as a common issue for all samsung tab3 10". I have asked for a written explanation with their agreement on this as a defect in the product but they are limited to stay with their famous words " send it to us and we will get an engineer to look at it for you".

Please don't buy this product you will end up returning it everytime until samsung fixes their issue. Hope a fix comes soon.

pavlo3d

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I purchased Tab3 as an upgrade to my Tab2 and observed Tab3 10.1" don't have AllShare cast or Samsung Link. Got this replaced with another Tab3 10.1". Again the same issue - No all share or samsung link which would help in screen mirroring. I called up Samsung customer care. They thought it should have been there and the product should have these preinstalled. They suggested me to go on google play and install but these apps were not found in google play. I tried searching the apps on google search which directed me to the google play. But there was a message "this app is not compatible with your device". I searched online for any help but there was none available. Went to currys PC world and saw Tab3 8" version had all these and screen mirroring. but 10" doesn't have it. It was a news for the retailers. Called up samsung customer care again today to mention this but they don't want to accept that as a common issue for all samsung tab3 10". I have asked for a written explanation with their agreement on this as a defect in the product but they are limited to stay with their famous words " send it to us and we will get an engineer to look at it for you".

Please don't buy this product you will end up returning it everytime until samsung fixes their issue. Hope a fix comes soon.

thank you i :) i can back up what you say, i done all the above besides call samsung but no fix :( well i guess just have to wait for the new note -_-. it sounds like Samsung themselves dont know much. but thanks for you comment Jason_bas. i will update this thread if i hear anything new.

crunchbarry

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

The tab 3 10.1 uses an intel processor. To make a long story short this is why the tablet is not compatible with allshare/samsung link.

cameron1002

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

The tab 3 10.1 uses an intel processor. To make a long story short this is why the tablet is not compatible with allshare/samsung link.

Well don't you think that Samsung and Intel should have catered for this? Perhaps made a stand alone program for all share and screen mirroring functionality?

crunchbarry

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

While the clover trail atom processor seems to perform quite well in bench marks - it does not like screen mirroring, unfortunately. Even if they were to bring samsung link to the 10.1 - it would likely result in laggy, stuttering video performance. Quite an unpleasant experience. I wouldn't hold my breath for this feature.

tabata38

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday I was in Best Buy and in the Samsung stand the salesman said that they had just upgraded the tablet 3 10 to have the mirroring function and he showed me and it works identical to my my tab 3 8.0. Now mine wont link with my Sharp Aquos seems it'll only do it with a Samsung TV. If any body knows how to mirror from this tablet to a NON Samsung TV please share!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835