Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Hi guys I have a Samsung note 10.1 and using the allshare cast feature I have been able to screen mirror directly with my TV. I then went out and purchased a tab3 confident that it would do the same thing as it is a new device but I now have problems connecting it. I can not find the feature as easy as I can on the note. Is it possible at all. PLEASE help =(
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-14-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    cameron1002 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Hey Pavlo3D I was thinking the exact same thing recently, as I was thinking of Purchasing an app that allows you to mirror your device on your PC,
    however I cannot for the life of me see Screen mirroring anywhere on my tablet... I'm not sure if they have included this feature on the tab 3 10.1 which I think is ridiculous considering it has obviously featured on older models, and the 7" model which I've seen a video of on YouTube.

    If any one knows anything about this please do share!

    Hope we both find the answers we're looking for.

    Posted via Android Central App
    pavlo3d likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Guys

    The Screen Mirroring function on the Tab 3 8.0 is in the Quick Settings (swipe down top of the screen) to see the settings.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    We don't have the Tab 3 8 we have the Tab 3 10.1 which is the 10" model

    Posted via Android Central App
    pavlo3d likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Aren't the Quick Settings the same?

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    nope its not. and if you were to go into settings i cant find the allshare cast. i gues the tab 3 is the watered down,slow brother version of the note. they have to do something to make you buy the note i guess this is one of the things. conclusion : Tab 3 10.1 = CRAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurrycanejohn View Post
    Aren't the Quick Settings the same?

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Quote Originally Posted by pavlo3d View Post
    nope its not. and if you were to go into settings i cant find the allshare cast. i gues the tab 3 is the watered down,slow brother version of the note. they have to do something to make you buy the note i guess this is one of the things. conclusion : Tab 3 10.1 = CRAP
    I think that the Allshare Play or Cast App is now the called the Samsung Link App, you should have that on your Tab 3 10.1.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    the app you are talking about is samsung play. it allows you to stream videos, music and pictures. its not the same as allshare cast ( screen mirroring) even though i could not install it, i managed to get that bit going, but not the actual screen mirroring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurrycanejohn View Post
    I think that the Allshare Play or Cast App is now the called the Samsung Link App, you should have that on your Tab 3 10.1.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Quote Originally Posted by pavlo3d View Post
    the app you are talking about is samsung play. it allows you to stream videos, music and pictures. its not the same as allshare cast ( screen mirroring) even though i could not install it, i managed to get that bit going, but not the actual screen mirroring.
    pavlo3d

    When I search for Samsung Link in Google Play, it tells me that it replaced Allshare Play.
    Is Allshare Play different from Allshare Cast?

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Surely they will release screen mirroring for the Tab 3 10.1 eventually! It's still pretty new maybe 4 mo ths old, but perhaps they are developing it? We might see it in the next software update :-/

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurrycanejohn View Post
    pavlo3d

    When I search for Samsung Link in Google Play, it tells me that it replaced Allshare Play.
    Is Allshare Play different from Allshare Cast?

    Posted via Android Central App
    this app is not compatible with tab 3. I found it on google play but it says its not compatible with the device.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    I'm about to buy the tab 3 8.0. Will streaming work with any HD TV or must it be a Samsung TV and or require a device. My iPad streams everything wirelessly but an apple TV device is required. What's the deal here. TIA. PS -- WILL the os im my new t38 be updated like my nexus 7 to the latest android which now is 4.33. I believe the Samsung is still 4.2.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Quote Originally Posted by pavlo3d View Post
    this app is not compatible with tab 3. I found it on google play but it says its not compatible with the device.
    How strange? If you go to the Samsung USA website in the Tab 3 10.1 section (see link below) and scroll down the page to compatiable Samsung APPS, you will see the Samsung Link App. I wonder why Google Play is saying it is incompatiable with Tab 3 s....very odd. I'm pretty sure that the Samsung Link App was on my Tab 3 8.0 when I bought it, one would think that the 10.1 which is more expensive than the 8.0, would have the same functionality, Apps and more! Sorry I could not be of any help.

  14. #14  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    I'm about to buy the tab 3 8.0. Will streaming work with any HD TV or must it be a Samsung TV and or require a device. My iPad streams everything wirelessly but an apple TV device is required. What's the deal here. TIA. PS -- WILL the os im my new t38 be updated like my nexus 7 to the latest android which now is 4.33. I believe the Samsung is still 4.2.
    I know my Tab 3 8.0 works wirelessly with my Samsung Smart HD TV, but I think you may need a device to connect to a none Samsung HD TV. I would look on there website in the Accessories page for the Tab 3 8.0......there are several options available there.


    As for the second part of your question ........ I sure hope we get an Android 4.33 upgrade.
  15. #15  

    Angry Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    I purchased Tab3 as an upgrade to my Tab2 and observed Tab3 10.1" don't have AllShare cast or Samsung Link. Got this replaced with another Tab3 10.1". Again the same issue - No all share or samsung link which would help in screen mirroring. I called up Samsung customer care. They thought it should have been there and the product should have these preinstalled. They suggested me to go on google play and install but these apps were not found in google play. I tried searching the apps on google search which directed me to the google play. But there was a message "this app is not compatible with your device". I searched online for any help but there was none available. Went to currys PC world and saw Tab3 8" version had all these and screen mirroring. but 10" doesn't have it. It was a news for the retailers. Called up samsung customer care again today to mention this but they don't want to accept that as a common issue for all samsung tab3 10". I have asked for a written explanation with their agreement on this as a defect in the product but they are limited to stay with their famous words " send it to us and we will get an engineer to look at it for you".

    Please don't buy this product you will end up returning it everytime until samsung fixes their issue. Hope a fix comes soon.
    pavlo3d likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason_bas View Post
    I purchased Tab3 as an upgrade to my Tab2 and observed Tab3 10.1" don't have AllShare cast or Samsung Link. Got this replaced with another Tab3 10.1". Again the same issue - No all share or samsung link which would help in screen mirroring. I called up Samsung customer care. They thought it should have been there and the product should have these preinstalled. They suggested me to go on google play and install but these apps were not found in google play. I tried searching the apps on google search which directed me to the google play. But there was a message "this app is not compatible with your device". I searched online for any help but there was none available. Went to currys PC world and saw Tab3 8" version had all these and screen mirroring. but 10" doesn't have it. It was a news for the retailers. Called up samsung customer care again today to mention this but they don't want to accept that as a common issue for all samsung tab3 10". I have asked for a written explanation with their agreement on this as a defect in the product but they are limited to stay with their famous words " send it to us and we will get an engineer to look at it for you".

    Please don't buy this product you will end up returning it everytime until samsung fixes their issue. Hope a fix comes soon.
    thank you i i can back up what you say, i done all the above besides call samsung but no fix well i guess just have to wait for the new note -_-. it sounds like Samsung themselves dont know much. but thanks for you comment Jason_bas. i will update this thread if i hear anything new.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    The tab 3 10.1 uses an intel processor. To make a long story short this is why the tablet is not compatible with allshare/samsung link.
    Thanked by:
    pavlo3d likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Quote Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
    The tab 3 10.1 uses an intel processor. To make a long story short this is why the tablet is not compatible with allshare/samsung link.
    Well don't you think that Samsung and Intel should have catered for this? Perhaps made a stand alone program for all share and screen mirroring functionality?

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    While the clover trail atom processor seems to perform quite well in bench marks - it does not like screen mirroring, unfortunately. Even if they were to bring samsung link to the 10.1 - it would likely result in laggy, stuttering video performance. Quite an unpleasant experience. I wouldn't hold my breath for this feature.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Yesterday I was in Best Buy and in the Samsung stand the salesman said that they had just upgraded the tablet 3 10 to have the mirroring function and he showed me and it works identical to my my tab 3 8.0. Now mine wont link with my Sharp Aquos seems it'll only do it with a Samsung TV. If any body knows how to mirror from this tablet to a NON Samsung TV please share!!!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    your TV would have to support miracast. there may be settings you need to adjust with your tv if it supports miracast.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    I was encountering the same struggle as everyone on this thread. I did get it to work, with no help from Samsung tech support or the Samsung sales rep at Best Buy. I had to do three things first in order to make the Samsung MHL Adapter to work.
    - The first thing to do is change one of the settings of your HDMI TV. I have a LG TV that supports a feature called Simplink which is intended to communicate with other LG components via the HDMI port. This apparently is not compatible with MHL. Your TV may have a similar feature but calls it as something else. Once I did this step my TV recognized an active device on the HDMI port but I wasn't able to get the tablet to work yet.
    - The second thing to do is to change a setting in the Samsung Tab 3 10.1" to allow Media Sharing via DLNA. To change this you need to go to Settings>More Settings>Allowed devices list and accept the your device. Then you need to restart your tablet.
    - Finally, depending on the vintage of your TV you may need to use a power adapter to the MHL device. Newer TV's provide power via the HDMI cable while older TV's require you to use the power adapter.

    Hope this helps. Good luck and hopefully Samsung will read this and educate their sales and tech support staff.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    Quote Originally Posted by rkaltenb View Post
    I was encountering the same struggle as everyone on this thread. I did get it to work, with no help from Samsung tech support or the Samsung sales rep at Best Buy. I had to do three things first in order to make the Samsung MHL Adapter to work.
    - The first thing to do is change one of the settings of your HDMI TV. I have a LG TV that supports a feature called Simplink which is intended to communicate with other LG components via the HDMI port. This apparently is not compatible with MHL. Your TV may have a similar feature but calls it as something else. Once I did this step my TV recognized an active device on the HDMI port but I wasn't able to get the tablet to work yet.
    - The second thing to do is to change a setting in the Samsung Tab 3 10.1" to allow Media Sharing via DLNA. To change this you need to go to Settings>More Settings>Allowed devices list and accept the your device. Then you need to restart your tablet.
    - Finally, depending on the vintage of your TV you may need to use a power adapter to the MHL device. Newer TV's provide power via the HDMI cable while older TV's require you to use the power adapter.

    Hope this helps. Good luck and hopefully Samsung will read this and educate their sales and tech support staff.
    Can you link me to which MHL adapter you purchased?
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    I purchased the Samsung Galaxy MHL HDTV Smart Adapter at Best Buy in the Samsung outlet center. The model number is ET-H10FAUWESTA IPC code 8 87276 84801 3
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1 Screen Mirroring problem

    I have samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 and a 40inch samsung smart 3d led tv with built in allshare play and allshare cast for the screen mirroring from my samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 ive had nothing but connection problems and when i finally get connected and i turn my tab 3 8.0 into landscape mode it doesnt come up full screen on my tv it has the black bars about 1-1.5inch at left and right side of the screen but it works fullscreen with an s3 in landscape mode fullscreen flawlessly i think that allshare cast and just the plain old screen mirroring option on the tab 3 8.0 are not the same this is just one of the many draw backs that samsung has and when i rang up they passed through every technical department that i got no where and that samsung dont even understand there own products and certainly not allshare cast or screen mirroring my tv is a samsung ue40f6320 anyone out with the same or similar problem.then please post a comment cheers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Event color in S planner (Galaxy S4 Mini LTE)
    By benoitm in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 12:56 PM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-07-2013, 05:30 AM
  3. Block Mode on Galaxy S3
    By gravesmomma in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 11:38 AM
  4. Nexus 7 Tablet (2012) Trying to avoid THIRD RMA, same problem keeps recurring
    By Gabej1991 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2013, 05:39 PM
  5. youtube upload problem
    By John Ruiz1 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-22-2013, 10:10 AM

Posting Permissions

B