Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - LG GPAD 8.3 anyone try it?

KennJr

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes! After 3 iPads including a Mini and a brief stint with a Kindle HDX 7, this is the device I choose to keep. My requirements include, the largest possible pocketable device having a high pixel density screen, full assisted GPS, and at least 32GB of storage (the G Pad has 16GB but you can add more memory on an as-needed basis). If I went with the iPad Mini (I wouldn't because it's too wide for a pocket), the price, meeting those requirements, would be $630. Unfortunately, there aren't any other pocketable 8" devices around that sport a high pixel density display. The Kindle Fire with its 8.9 inch screen has the best high definition display and it has the best stereo audio sound I've heard anywhere on a tablet. But like the iPad Mini, you can't put it in your pocket .. and .. it suffers from being too restrictive in what it can do as a fully functional tablet (but it does do everything Amazon wants it to do very, very well).

You have to see and hold this G Pad 8.3 to really appreciate it. As far as I know, Best Buy is the only chain in the U.S. that sells it. But they're not displaying it. So the only way to try it out is to buy one and if you don't like it you have 15 days to return it with no penalty. That was my plan. But now that I have it I'm not about to let go of it. For me, it's perfect.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes! After 3 iPads including a Mini and a brief stint with a Kindle HDX 7, this is the device I choose to keep. My requirements include, the largest possible pocketable device having a high pixel density screen, full assisted GPS, and at least 32GB of storage (the G Pad has 16GB but you can add more memory on an as-needed basis). If I went with the iPad Mini (I wouldn't because it's too wide for a pocket), the price, meeting those requirements, would be $630. Unfortunately, there aren't any other pocketable 8" devices around that sport a high pixel density display. The Kindle Fire with its 8.9 inch screen has the best high definition display and it has the best stereo audio sound I've heard anywhere on a tablet. But like the iPad Mini, you can't put it in your pocket .. and .. it suffers from being too restrictive in what it can do as a fully functional tablet (but it does do everything Amazon wants it to do very, very well).

You have to see and hold this G Pad 8.3 to really appreciate it. As far as I know, Best Buy is the only chain in the U.S. that sells it. But they're not displaying it. So the only way to try it out is to buy one and if you don't like it you have 15 days to return it with no penalty. That was my plan. But now that I have it I'm not about to let go of it. For me, it's perfect.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, I did the same and went ahead and bought the g pad at best buy. Oddly, none were sealed but were !ocked in a cage. They only had three -- two blacks and a white.
so the girl just let me play with one and i compared it to the Samsung g3 8.0. I had returned the g3 to amzn a day earlier. While I liked it a lot I thought it was running through battery too fast. At $279 I think the Sammy is a great deal. I feel the gpad is overpriced by $50, and I'll bet both drop in price for the holidays. I have 60 days to return the gpad but at this point, two days in, I'm getting to like it. It FEELS thinner and lighter than the Sammy and its definitely faster, no buffering. I dont see any big difference re the screen; the Sammy has a great screen but less PPI although not noticeable to my eyes. I still haven't gotten a take on battery !life but it doesn't seem great. There's a loy to learn about, especially the LG software. Also I fear the OS won't get updated very timely if at all, same with the st3. No decent cases yet, but amzn showing cases on order. Definitely need one with a stand. More to come.