Tab 3 car charger

Howard Labo

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Can I use a 700 ma car charger with my tab 3 ? It has the mini usb and is from an older cell phone, just not sure it will do the job.
Thanks in advance, Howard

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can I use a 700 ma car charger with my tab 3 ? It has the mini usb and is from an older cell phone, just not sure it will do the job.
Thanks in advance, Howard

Posted via Android Central App

It may charge it, just not while in use.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Jonathon Abrams

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
First off, a disclaimer: I don't yet have a Tab 3 (that's coming just as soon as I finish researching the product). Having said that, I've used several other tablets and have been doing a lot of reading with regards to chargers, batteries, etc. before I make my purchase. Based on what I know, and as Golfdriver97 said, it might charge if its not in use. Having said that, I believe the regular tab 3 charge has a 2.1A output (according to the Samsung website), so a 700ma charger is basically going to be giving you less than half the usual power supply your tablet would be getting while plugged in. I used to have a Blackberry Playbook, which also came with a 2.1A charger (This type of charger is pretty standard for many tablets, as I understand it), and it would not charge on anything less, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Samsung was the same way. Buying a more powerful charger will cost you more in the short term, but I'm pretty sure it will save you headaches in the long run.