1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bought GT3 7.0 Friday, already having several issues. Are they normal? help, plz

I'm not looking for anything crazy, just something to run Chrome when sitting on the couch, stream YouTube to my TV and play Commander in Battlefield 4 with the app for that (which only works when it wants too but that's an issue with EA) Anyway, not even two days later and I'm about to take this thing back. Might also call Samsung to see what the deal is. Anyway here is a list of issues I'm having. Anyone else getting these problems, or know how to fix them?

1) Touch screen response laggy. Whether its movements (like trying to scroll down Facebook in Chrome app) or activating a link/icon, touch responses are sometimes almost 1-2 seconds after touching and moving my finger unlike my Galaxy S4 phone which is almost right on spot.

2) Long delay opening apps after pressing icon. Again, just like finger scrolling. My phone too has a short lag, but much shorter and tolerable unlike my Tab

3) Apps run EXTREMELY slow. I've really only been using the Chrome app for now while I'm still learning how to use the Tab and what else I can do with it. First night I had the Tab Chrome would open, but then just hung. With only one tab open I was able to get part of FB and CNN sites to load, but they were unusable. I thought maybe my ISP was having a hiccup, but grabbed my phone (both connected to my WIFI) and both FB and CNN loaded up and ran fine.

4) Battery meter stuck at 100%. Noticed all evening after unplugging the Tab from the wall charger the battery meter wouldn't budge, hell it was still at 100% this morning when I woke up.

5) Date and Time do not save when I reboot the Tab. I've done full restarts of the system a few times and each time the date and time reset to sometime in December 2012. No option in Date and Time settings for auto detection when connected to WIFI. Getting tired of having to keep manually resetting the date and time each time I turn on the Tab.

I picked up the Tab 3 cause I have the Galaxy S4 and love it, and that I got it for about half off at Micro Center's BF sale. It had good reviews from what I saw before getting it. But I can't believe any of these issues are normal. Did I just get an unlock, defective unit? This thing is probably going back this weekend when I have the time to drive back down to Micro center. Not even sure I want an exchange with how bad this unit turned out.

Default Re: Bought GT3 7.0 Friday, already having several issues. Are they normal? help, plz

that is definitely not normal. I would try a factory reset first, but if that doesn't fix it then exchange it for another one. my sgt 3 is super speedy when navigating throughout the device.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Bought GT3 7.0 Friday, already having several issues. Are they normal? help, plz

new problem started today. my GT3 has twice now shut itself down. Hit the home button and set it aside. Later when I picked it up, it would be off and I had to reboot it, which of course again led to having to reset the date and time. Will try a factory reset once I figure out how to do it.

Factory reset is in settings, backup and restore, factory reset. Again if that doesnt fix it you should exchange it as you should not be having problems like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

OK did the factory reset. It was still quite slow re-updating everything. Once I had everything updated, chrome still took FOREVER to load any websites for first 15 minutes or so. Later in the evening it got much better, but still slightly lagged when I tried to interact with it. The batter indicator and clock issues seem to be fixed. Going to see how it acts over next couple days, but may end up taking it back anyway. I can still use my phone faster than this on just simple things as web surfing and youtube.

yeah that is not normal. the tab should be nice and speedy surfing the web and doing anything on it. mine move through web pages in a second or two. even the more elaborate full websites load in no more than 5 seconds. I would exchange it. don't just give up on the sgt 3. it really is a great tablet. you just got the 1 and 100 bad defective tablet (bad luck really). give another one a shot. I am sure you will be happy
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Screw it. I'm taking it back. Just in last 2 hours it has shut itself down twice. First time again had to reset clock. 2nd time I don't know cause it won't turn back on. Even plugged into the charger getting nothing. Damn thing died 3 days after unboxing it.
    Last edited by Craig Storey; 12-04-2013 at 05:45 AM.

you got the unlucky defective tablet. trust me 99% of them work flawlessly.

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sideload App Method

Chrome works slow for me too. Skyfire and Firefox were marginally better.

Dolphin was the only one that performed well. But still safari on my iPhone kicks all of them. I can do anything with drop down menus no sweat and don't get lag and unresponsive ness with safari.

Looks like I have no choice but to get an iPad. At 160 bucks how could you beat this. If the internet worked better i would so keep it. I love swype, the screen is sharp, and the jellybean is nicer than ice cream sandwich on my rooted nook tablet

Sent from my iPhone 5S using

internet works fine on mine and every other one I have seen/used.