1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default app auto update problem

Im having a problem with the app auto update. I went through google play - settings - disable all app updates but it is still updating through wifi, my wifi connection is prepaid so when i went to get my tablet i saw that it was downloading which ends up costing me money. I clicked it again and again and restarted the tablet still keeps updating so i have to turn the wifi off for now.

any ideas ,

thanks

Default Re: app auto update problem

Welcome to Android Central! To be clear, you're opening the Play Store, tapping the Menu button, and selecting "Auto-update apps" to "Do not auto-update apps," correct?

What app or apps are automatically updating? Find them among your Installed apps, select it so you see the full app page in the Play Store, and press the Menu button. Make sure the Auto-update box is unchecked. I think even if you have the general Auto-update setting off, you can still select individual apps to auto-update.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! To be clear, you're opening the Play Store, tapping the Menu button, and selecting "Auto-update apps" to "Do not auto-update apps," correct?

What app or apps are automatically updating? Find them among your Installed apps, select it so you see the full app page in the Play Store, and press the Menu button. Make sure the Auto-update box is unchecked. I think even if you have the general Auto-update setting off, you can still select individual apps to auto-update.
    When you check auto update even for one app it automatically turns auto update for all apps.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

thanks for the quick reply. its updating all kinds of stuff i caught it updating maps , youtube , google (not sure what program it was referring too) but yes i went through play store - autoupdate apps - do not update apps.

im getting frustrated with the software, android os has always worked for me before and in this version its buggy, also in this version it wont let me see the data usage for wifi connections, they changed it to say hotspots instead of wifi and even clicking the hotspots it wont show anything. I think im going to have to return this tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    When you check auto update even for one app it automatically turns auto update for all apps.
    Yes, you're right, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mm4857362 View Post
    its updating all kinds of stuff i caught it updating maps , youtube , google (not sure what program it was referring too) but yes i went through play store - autoupdate apps - do not update apps.
    This is a really dumb question, and I mean no disrespect--but can you confirm that those apps are being updated to more current versions, or are you seeing those apps syncing their data?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

im pretty sure it was updating, it was using all my bandwidth while i was on a voip call, i brought down the status screen because it was showing download in progress i would click on the item downloading and it would bring up the specific app page in google play and then i would tap the little x to cancel the download and the another app would start right after, also it was slowing stuff down and lagging. but the good news is after a couple of restarts it seems to have fixed itself.

Ok, I hope it starts behaving. If the problem recurs, try clearing the system cache partition. Sometimes temporary leftover system data can mess with system performance. Follow the steps here (), BUT instead of selecting "wipe data," make sure you select "wipe cache partition." Once that's done, select "reboot system now."