1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Not downloading files....

Hi, I have had this tablet for good few months now but recently it has stopped downloading files. When I want to download a pdf for example it comes up at the bottom of screen 'Starting Download..'. It use to have a symbol in top bar saying it is downloading but no longer is therefore it doesn't download. I even check adobe and downloads to see if it's there and it's not. May have to reset it but thought I'll ask on here first I have no problems downloading apps from play store.
    Any help much appreciated,
    Stacey

Default Re: Not downloading files....

Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if you disabled the Download Manager at some point? Go to your App Manager or Settings>Apps>All, scroll all the way down, and see if Download Manager is among the Disabled apps. If so, tap it, then tap Enable.

If you have Android 4.3, there may be a separate Disabled category under Settings>Apps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It was enabled so I disabled it, enabled it then restarted the device but hasn't worked :/ I have version 4.2.2 Where can I find the update to new version, maybe that'll work?

Try a system cache partition wipe. This will not clear any personal data or settings. Follow these instructions, but instead of selecting "wipe data," make sure you select "wipe cache partition." When complete, select "reboot system now."

Posted via Android Central App