Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tab 3 10.1 ---- buying tomorrow, need suggestions...!!!!

I am planning to buy tab 3 10.1 tomorrow. It looks like a great deal at 299 + taxes... Planning to buy this from best buy, I was told there are some online retailers offer waiver of taxes. Any idea?

Any suggestions on accessories? I am looking for
    Case
    Screen guard
    Blue tooth or wireless mouse
    I have a Samsung TV at home, do I need miracast dongle for mirroring my screen?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by heeemz; 12-21-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Global Posts
    2,532 Global Posts

Default Re: Tab 3 10.1 ---- buying tomorrow, need suggestions...!!!!

Hello heeemz,

I have purchased the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 a month ago from Best Buy and just love it! This is my first tablet and I am learning many cool things about it. To answer some of your questions: I purchased the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Folio for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 right there at the store. Awesome! Beautiful keyboard/2-sided protection/secured lock system/versatile viewing AND the keyboard is Bluetooth enabled! It comes with a charger so you can charge the bluetooth keyboard. Love it!! As for the screen protector I purchased the Invisible Shield by Zagg. It's made for the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 tablet so it fits great with no issues. It's a bit expensive but I thought it was worth the price. It also has a lifetime guarantee but you need to go to the Zagg website () and register your Invisible Shield. It was very easy to do. This I also purchased at Best Buy. As for the Samsung TV (which I also own) I have not investigated that part.

I hope this will help you in your accessory decisions. I am very happy with the choices I have made. Enjoy!!!
    Thanked by:
    heeemz 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No other suggestions? Looks like tab 3 thread is far less active compare to others one.... Is it that the user base is low for tab 3?

A lot of people feel the 3 8.0 is a better purchase. Check the 3 8.0 threads.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using - now Free
    Thanked by:
    heeemz 

Quote Originally Posted by heeemz View Post
    No other suggestions? Looks like tab 3 thread is far less active compare to others one.... Is it that the user base is low for tab 3?

No, it's probably that the user base for the Tab 10.1 is low on this forum. Just my opinion, but I think that the Tab 3 7.0 and Tab 3 8.0 are more popular than the Tab 3 10.1 and therefore the lack of responses to your question.

I'm sure the Tab 3 10.1 is a great tablet, but some folks are scared away by the higher price.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    heeemz 

I had a Zagg screen protector on me, and then after a month or two when one of the edges started to lift (by no other fault that my 5-yr old playing on it), I decided to take it off and I haven't looked back. I always have it in its case (I'm using this one now: Amazon.com : MoKo Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Inch GT-P5200 / GT-P5210 Android Tablet, BLACK (with Smart Auto Wake / Sleep Feature) : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Cases ), and while it's a personal opinion, I just can't find a screen protector that I'm satisfied with.
    Thanked by:
    heeemz 

Quote Originally Posted by dcharleyultra View Post
    A lot of people feel the 3 8.0 is a better purchase. Check the 3 8.0 threads.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using - now Free
    I have the 8.0 and think it is the best way to go. 10 doesnt have multiscreen, has less ram a less clear screen and an inferior camera. The veneral consensus is that the 8 is the best of the three in the sgt 3 series.
    Thanked by:
    heeemz 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    I have the 8.0 and think it is the best way to go. 10 doesnt have multiscreen, has less ram a less clear screen and an inferior camera. The veneral consensus is that the 8 is the best of the three in the sgt 3 series.
    I already have nexus 7 2013 model, which is awesome. So now I am looking for bigger screen, to have better video viewing on large screen and same for reading books and news etc

I already have nexus 7 2013 model, which is awesome. So now I am looking for bigger screen, to have better video viewing on large screen and same for reading books and news etc

I have the n7 2013 too. Great device, but sammys seem a little more reliable. I see your point about a larger difference in screen size. I got my sgt 8 before the nexus. Intrigue is what made me buy the nexus honestly. That multi window is one valuable option to have though! It makes no sense why they didnt include it on the sgt 10.1?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I have the n7 2013 too. Great device, but sammys seem a little more reliable. I see your point about a larger difference in screen size. I got my sgt 8 before the nexus. Intrigue is what made me buy the nexus honestly. That multi window is one valuable option to have though! It makes no sense why they didnt include it on the sgt 10.1?
    I am confused by this term multi window, is it same as running multiple App at same time, minimizing / switching to other Apps?

no minimizing neccesary. Both apps are on the screen at the same time. You can work on them both at same time. For example you could have the calculator app on top part of screen open and web browser on the bottom logged on to your banks website or something like that and be able to use the calculator to do whatever you need to do. It really makes androis more productive like a pc.

I am confused by this term multi window, is it same as running multiple App at same time, minimizing / switching to other Apps?

In fact you can have more than 2 apps at the same time - up to about 16 I think, that's what I have on my 10.1 they're all resizable & you can pin them to stay on top if you like. I quite often have e-mail, next to browser with the calculator floating on top

Quote Originally Posted by roguetrader View Post
    In fact you can have more than 2 apps at the same time - up to about 16 I think, that's what I have on my 10.1 they're all resizable & you can pin them to stay on top if you like. I quite often have e-mail, next to browser with the calculator floating on top

That's not multi window that you are describing.

Err - yes it is!

Screenshots of multi-window, they can either be 'dual view' or 'cascade'.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tab 3 10.1 ---- buying tomorrow, need suggestions...!!!!-1387845053512.jpg   Tab 3 10.1 ---- buying tomorrow, need suggestions...!!!!-1387845091802.jpg  

I cant see your thumbnails.

I cant see your thumbnails.
    Thumbnails? What do you mean? I'm demonstrating Samsung's multi-view. I have 2 apps open side to side on the first view & 5 apps open on the 2nd view. In fact I have 23 compatible apps in the multi-view app drawer hidden at the bottom of the tablet, screenshot is not possible when this is open. What is your point here really?

Its not that I have a certain point. I am just trying to see what you mean as I thought that multiwindow was just two windows one on top of the other. The problem is I cant see your pictures. It just says attached thumbnails below your post and when I click in it nothing happens. I am not trying to argue with you, just trying to learn something and expand my knowledge about android and the galaxy tab 3 series. That's the whole point we're all here anyway right?

Its not that I have a certain point. I am just trying to see what you mean as I thought that multiwindow was just two windows one on top of the other. The problem is I cant see your pictures. It just says attached thumbnails below your post and when I click in it nothing happens. I am not trying to argue with you, just trying to learn something and expand my knowledge about android and the galaxy tab 3 series. That's the whole point we're all here anyway right?
    I see, thousand apologies - didn't know they hadn't come out - it's just some people on here can get so bloody pedantic, when all one is doing is trying to help folk.
    I shall try again - let me know if it's successful.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tab 3 10.1 ---- buying tomorrow, need suggestions...!!!!-1387882539220.jpg   Tab 3 10.1 ---- buying tomorrow, need suggestions...!!!!-1387882570391.jpg  

Hold up! How on earth are you doing that multi-view?? That's not available on 10.1, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Itstakenovermylife View Post
    Hold up! How on earth are you doing that multi-view?? That's not available on 10.1, is it?
    That's what I was originally saying. That's why I want to figure this out but I still cant see the photos on my device. Later I will try to look at them on the pc.

That's what I was originally saying. That's why I want to figure this out but I still cant see the photos on my device. Later I will try to look at them on the pc.
    There's no way that's 10.1. The taskbar area on the bottom of the screen is not off of 10.1.

Direct from the Samsung website, multi-window is availabe on 8-inch only:

Quote Originally Posted by Itstakenovermylife View Post
    There's no way that's 10.1. The taskbar area on the bottom of the screen is not off of 10.1.
    This is my original Note 10.1 running Jelly Bean 4.1.2

That there lies the problem. This is a thread for the Galaxy TAB 3 10.1. Not the Note.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast