Galaxy Tab 3 - Won't Charge

A6a4347

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
my tablet is only 21/2 months old are there any videos on how to take the back off and fix it? I am a senior with an android tablet that just won't work

Curtis Sheehy

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
the excact thing happened to me just now i puged it in to one of my chargers then tryed the other after ten minutes not noticeing it wouldnt work and then i even tryed my car charger and all 3 didnt work please help i dont know what to do

aaronjasper49

May 5, 2014
Visit site
hey im just 12 yrs old kid i tried to open my galaxy tab 3 with a small knife it did great i disconnected the battery and reconnect and charge it now my tablet is working fine

Niki Ferguson

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I had this same problem with my daughter's tablet. After trying many things, my friend told me to do this. Hold the power button on for about a minute then plug it into the wall charger that came with the tablet. This somehow resets the charger port. After trying it a couple of times, it worked!!! Yay me... Good luck.

DragoXZ

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I had this same problem with my daughter's tablet. After trying many things, my friend told me to do this. Hold the power button on for about a minute then plug it into the wall charger that came with the tablet. This somehow resets the charger port. After trying it a couple of times, it worked!!! Yay me... Good luck.
Thanks

Qysses

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Found this thread after having the same issue as the OP. Shipped the tab to a service centre and it came back ok; holds a charge at least. I left the tab at 36% last night when I closed all apps, and locked it. This morning it was dead. Is this typical lifespan for this thing? Using up 36% just being locked/idle?

Clayton Gilley

May 31, 2014
Visit site
So mine stopped charging and I never let it die. It said it was charging but stayed at 44% so I was trippin. Then I read on here where someone said they reset the charger base sorry don't remember who. Anyway, I've had the s4 for about 6 months or more and never had an issue so far. Got the tab 3 about 2 months ago so since I have 2 devices that I use alot I bought a generic charger base that plugs into the wall but has 2 usb ports so I could charge both. I tried everything else so I found the original that came with my tab, plug it in the plugged it into the wall, at this point my tab was off, as soon as it went in the wall my tab came on showing it was at 100% lol friggin weird huh? Well I think thats why they can't replicate it in their labs. They are using their own chargers which is basically telling your tab its reset. So I think now its the charger base and a reset like the guy said in this forum should work and save most a lot of headache :) hope this helps. Don't use generic chargers!!! Haha

drew9999

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
The battery terminal removal trick worked for me, after a month of not using the tablet (plus sending it to Plano TX to have it checked, but to no avail). Samsung should seriously get their act together.

dennyls

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I know this makes no sense, but I am getting around these charging issues by charging my Tab 3 while the screen is on and one or more apps are running. Use settings to turn off anything that would time out your screen. Plug in the charger, open an app, don't shut the case, and go away for a couple of hours. Don't know if it will work for others, but it works for me.

Kiamia18

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

New here just looking and hoping for some support for my Galaxy Tab 3 which all of a sudden will not charge.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

When plugged in and not turned on it shows the symbol (like it's refreshing to find battery level) and then normally obviously the battery shows up displaying the level of my charge, but on my tab it doesn't the screen goes black and nothing happens. Then when the tab is turned on an i plug it in nothing happens screen doesn't brighten nor does it acknowledge it's charging.

It has worked fine until i tried to charge it this evening, no indication before that anything is wrong. I've tried to reset it by holding the power key and volume key but nothing, just restarts and still won't charge.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of anyway to resolve it.

Again any help you could provide would be appreciated, thanks for you time.

Ahmed Nasser1

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
The same problem with my new tap3,I googled for the problem and tried many ways to wake it up even i opend the cover and unpluged the battery then wait for 1minutes and i connected it again ,:'( but nothing new the same thing ,my tap is dead until now,

I hope anyone can help me :':)'(

TT74

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Before I attempt this, is there a breach of warranty by opening up the back and disconnecting the battery? Disappointing that this issue has not been resolved yet as it appears to be very common.

Aaron_S42

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I had this strange experience when I took my unit back to Best Buy over the weekend. (I didn't want to open it up since I was worried about breaking my warranty).

They plugged it in and it began charging right away. I tried multiple chargers and cables and could not get it to work. While it was charging, I went to the Samsung area of the store where the guy handed me two different USB cables which he said would work. I went back to the Geek Squad and we tried them using their charger. The first one did not work even though you could see juice was going through the cable (it had some type of illumination feature on the cable). The second cable worked, so I figured part of MY problem was that the cable wasn't seating in the unit properly.

I took the cable home and tried to charge my unit further. The first charger I used did not charge my Tab 3, though it was working properly and charged other devices. The second charger I used with this cable was able to charge the Tab 3.

Not sure what is happening, but it looks like for now I have to use a specific charger/cable combination when charging my Tab 3. It seems to be very temperamental. When this fails, I will either give up or try fooling around with the battery connection - warranty be damned.

sparkledancer7

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried charging my tablet with my charger except it would only charge in one certain place. When I finally got a new charger but after a few weeks it stopped working so I borrowed my friends charger and tried it out and it worked.

kbot1226

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the lack of technical terms, but here is what I found with my kids' tab 3 7.0. The USB port on the tablet is easily damaged and the pin can be bent to the point that when you plug a cable in, it feels secure, but the pin is bent and won't allow the device to charge. What I have to do occasionally is use a plastic tool to gently bend it back. Also inserting the cable at a slight angle with the bottom first seems to help prevent the problem.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-07-14 10.05.10.jpg
    2014-07-14 10.05.10.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 76

Cogozeh

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Tab 3 charger not charging tab but taking battery power out of it

one night i hooked my tablet to my charger on 30% in the morning it was on 12%. I deleted some apps it didn't work and it finally went 0% and blank anybody help please?