1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen protector?

I know plenty of times a screen protector takes away from the experience. If I have a good case is it necessary?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: screen protector?

if your case doesn't have a built in screen protector then I would say yes it is necessary.it would definitely be the smart thing to do as it is low cost and easy to install, albeit a pita. a good screen protector should not take away from the experience.

I agree with Brosko....as usual. 8-)

I did try several but didn't quite like them enough to keep them on. I just really like the feel of the raw glass on my fingers. (BUT I'm extremely careful with my tablets and since loosing my job, I'm not out and about much) I do advise others that they're a good idea for active people....accidents happen. In other words, you might have to buy a few variations till you find the one that's right for you, but it will be money well spent. It would be heartbreaking to get a nasty scratch on such a fine looking screen.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I am usually careful too. I saw a screen protector that was reasonable on Amazon so might try that.

those are the ones that I am using also, but I am using the HD version not the anti-glare version.

I think it's more of a personal preference, than a necessity. If you have a good quality cover for your tablet and are careful, then I don't think you need one. Having owned several Samsung tablets, I've found that the screens are fairly scratch resistant, but if the screen protector makes you feel safer, by all means use one.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks. That's the brand I was looking at.

The official handbook states 'do not use a screen protector as this may cause sensor malfunction' but Samsung actually sell screen protectors for the Tab 3.8 ???
    Nice to know they work according to the posts on here.

By my experience, this screen (7.0 lte) is sensitive and accurate like my old Echo. A good plastic cover should work fine even with a rubber stylus, but there is an added resistance under my fingertips and it slowly increases with dirt and wear. I went back to bare glass.

i think if the case does not come with screen protector, to play safe, should buy a screen protector for protection.