Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default connect to landline through bluetooth?

Hi everybody,

my first post, nice forums you got here, might come back more often!

what i wanna do is use bluetooth dongle to connect my Glxy tab 3 to my PC, to use my PCs landline internet connection, watch TV and movies etc. some call it 'shared internet' others call it 'reverse tethering'. would anybody be able to help me set this up, it's a bit too complicated for me to wrap my head around and don't really know enough about how it all works.

i think i've got it paired up, but i'm not even sure if that's done properly.

any help would be appreciated, especially from people who know what they're doing!

thanks!

Default Re: connect to landline through bluetooth?

Just a word of warning Bluetooth networking is very slow and streaming anything is near impossible. Its really should be limited to light browsing file/content syncing. Getting a wifi dongle would be a much easier and better solution. Or better yet get a wifi router but if cost is an issue then the wifi dongle is real cheap.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

they do wifi dongles?! didn't know bout that! i'll look into that, still probably need help setting up
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

okay, so it looks like i need to root my tablet to connect to ad-hoc networks, i was able to set one up, but my tablet can't connect.

anyone know any valid links for rooting galaxy tab 3 10.1 p5220 (i looked all day, none that work, couple of phoneys though)