connect to landline through bluetooth?

Jarrad S

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody,

my first post, nice forums you got here, might come back more often!

what i wanna do is use bluetooth dongle to connect my Glxy tab 3 to my PC, to use my PCs landline internet connection, watch TV and movies etc. some call it 'shared internet' others call it 'reverse tethering'. would anybody be able to help me set this up, it's a bit too complicated for me to wrap my head around and don't really know enough about how it all works.

i think i've got it paired up, but i'm not even sure if that's done properly.

any help would be appreciated, especially from people who know what they're doing! :D

thanks!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just a word of warning Bluetooth networking is very slow and streaming anything is near impossible. Its really should be limited to light browsing file/content syncing. Getting a wifi dongle would be a much easier and better solution. Or better yet get a wifi router but if cost is an issue then the wifi dongle is real cheap.

Jarrad S

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
okay, so it looks like i need to root my tablet to connect to ad-hoc networks, i was able to set one up, but my tablet can't connect.

anyone know any valid links for rooting galaxy tab 3 10.1 p5220 (i looked all day, none that work, couple of phoneys though)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol