Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harrier19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Tab 3 10.1 - Apps stuttering

I got a Tab 3 a few days ago and I have a huge problem with app performance, especially games. The stutter/slowdown is really noticeable, especially on games like Giana Sisters ( in this case, it's practically a slideshow) or Rayman: Jungle Run. I've already tried many things such as: disabling hardware overlays, forcing GPU rendering, going offline, limiting the number of processes running at once or using apps such as Game Booster, but nothing works. My Tab 3 is running JB 4.2.2. I'm also a total newbie if it comes to tablets, so any help would be appreciated. Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Global Posts
    31,328 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Samsung Tab 3 10.1 - Apps stuttering

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier19 View Post
    I got a Tab 3 a few days ago and I have a huge problem with app performance, especially games. The stutter/slowdown is really noticeable, especially on games like Giana Sisters ( in this case, it's practically a slideshow) or Rayman: Jungle Run. I've already tried many things such as: disabling hardware overlays, forcing GPU rendering, going offline, limiting the number of processes running at once or using apps such as Game Booster, but nothing works. My Tab 3 is running JB 4.2.2. I'm also a total newbie if it comes to tablets, so any help would be appreciated. Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
    Welcome to the forums.
    First I would suggest trying to disable bloatware to free up some RAM for your games. Let's see if that does the trick. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...able-apps.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    First I would suggest trying to disable bloatware to free up some RAM for your games. Let's see if that does the trick. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...able-apps.html
    I disabled some useless applications (that gave me about 100 MB of extra RAM), but unfortunately nothing has changed. If anyone wonders, my tablet has exactly 0,99 GB of RAM with half of that being taken by apps.

EDIT: Is there anyone with the same problem? I'm curious if it's always the case with Tab 3 10.1, or if I'm the isolated incident.

Global Posts
    31,328 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Sorry that didn't work. Not sure what else to suggest.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Sorry that didn't work. Not sure what else to suggest.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Still, thank you for trying to help me. Like I mentioned in my opening post, I'm a total newbie if it comes to tablets (my Tab 3 is the first tablet I've ever used), so, I have a question:

Is it possible if it's my tablet that's busted?

I mean, I have a hard time believing that a tablet from 2013 can have such a problem with running simple 2D games and apps.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier19 View Post
    I feel for you, I've had the same issues myself on occasion. Not with those apps, but certainly with others. It's quite annoying... The 8-inch Tab 3, however, is smooth as silk. Which makes me scratch my head.

The 8" seems to be the best of the tab 3 series. Its a shame that the 10 isnt up to par with it. I can understand the 7 not being as good but the 10 if anything should be better than the 8.