Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung galaxay tab 3 only has google voice type no other keyboard inputs

Hey, I recently got a samsung galaxy tab 3 for christmas and when I first turned the device on and got it running it had a keyboard on it when you wanted to type something. However recently when I went to go on my tablet the keyboard has gone and the only thing it has now is the google voice type. I've tried resetting the tablet several times and still it only has google voice type and because of this i cannot connect to the internet because the voice thing isn't working because it needs internet...
    Does anyone know how to get the normal keyboard back? I've gone into the settings but it's not there anywhere only the google voice type.
    Someone please help
    Thanks.

Global Posts
    13,808 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung galaxay tab 3 only has google voice type no other keyboard inputs

Quote Originally Posted by imperiously View Post
    Hey, I recently got a samsung galaxy tab 3 for christmas and when I first turned the device on and got it running it had a keyboard on it when you wanted to type something. However recently when I went to go on my tablet the keyboard has gone and the only thing it has now is the google voice type. I've tried resetting the tablet several times and still it only has google voice type and because of this i cannot connect to the internet because the voice thing isn't working because it needs internet...
    Does anyone know how to get the normal keyboard back? I've gone into the settings but it's not there anywhere only the google voice type.
    Someone please help
    Thanks.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try emailing Samsung. Maybe they can send you the .apk file to sideload.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    13,808 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung galaxay tab 3 only has google voice type no other keyboard inputs

Or, here is another idea. Google's keyboard should be able to be sideloaded.
    Try downloading this to your PC:
    I would scan for any viruses, even though it is my own Dropbox link, put it on your tab, go to Settings>Security>check Unknown sources, and click on the APK file in My Files.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    ffejjj likes this.