1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 screen dark spot

Hey guys. I got a galaxy tab for my birthday and I've realised that when I push down on the screen (with little force, just how you would to touch it) a dark spot appears in the middle of the screen as if i'm forcing it down really hard. Nothing too major but it's really noticable on bright screens such as my bright blue wallpaper on the home screen. Now, it's not a huge bother, but I also have a galaxy s2, and I realised on that, if I push down as hard as I can nothing happens to the screen at all. Also on the tablet if i push hard enough from the back the same thing happens in the middle of the screen. Is this a bad problem and should I use my warranty while I still can or is it normal for the screen to be like this?

Thanks!

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 screen dark spot

What a coincidence. I noticed the same thing a week or so ago and been pondering it ever since. Mine is worse on the edge and at the bottom(one side more than the other) and I noticed it first when typing on the keyboard. I went to best buy amd compared it to the other tab 3s there. They were all about the same. Mine will not do it in the middle of the screen with just regular everyday use pressure however. It takes a little more pressure then that. I think it has to do with them making the device so thin, there just isnt much space between the glass and the lcd panel or whatever. If yours is doing it with just normal use amount of pressure I would probably exchange it because THAT is NOT normal.
    btw you should of saw the note 8 that I was using at bb, it was absolutely horrible. Just a feather touch anywhere on the screen and big black blobs would just appear.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's a shame, I'm used to such high quality from samsung. I think I'll find another one to test somewhere at some point and see if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by that_guy20 View Post
    That's a shame, I'm used to such high quality from samsung. I think I'll find another one to test somewhere at some point and see if it happens.
    Trust me samsung isnt bad. You should see a nexus 7. Backlight bleed like crazy, and all kinds of weird stuff happens when you push the scree a tiny bit harder than normal. Can you possibly just exchange it?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I could but if they are all like that then it seems a bit hit and miss really. I'm waiting to see if there's anyone out there that doesn't have this problem.

I was wondering, could it have something to do with the cover or case you are using? Does it happen even without a case or cover?
    I haven't noticed any black spot on my Tab 3 8.0 and I use a Samsung Book Cover.

No spots anywhere on mine no matter how hard or where I press. Screen quality was the most important factor in choosing this device over the N7 for me. I have exchanged or returned devices for much less than that. It would be going back.....

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by that_guy20 View Post
    I could but if they are all like that then it seems a bit hit and miss really. I'm waiting to see if there's anyone out there that doesn't have this problem.
    They all (or at least the 5 or 6 unitsI have seen)have it to some extent, just on most you have to press a little harder then just normal usage. If yours does it with just normal everyday usage then exchange it as they are not all like that. One previous poster even says that even with hard pressure he cant replicate the problem. He must of got lucky, because most seem to do it, at least to some degree.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

That's what I mean by hit and miss. I literally got this tab like 3 days ago, so I don't have a cover for it yet, but it hasn't left the comfort of my room to be damaged or anything. But when they are all the same shape, same hardware, same screen, same glass, I find it hard to believe that only some do it rather than none or all. I guess I'll take it back and see what they say. Thanks all.

it all has to do with the fit and finish of the device after final assembly, how close to the lcd the glass ends up.