Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen click

Hello there. I recently rooted my galaxy tab 3 and put philz recovery on it. I rooted it because I use a few apps that require root access.

Anyway, regretfully, I now realise that in the corner of my tablet - the screen is slightly loose against the bezel, and makes an audible pop when I press it down. Is this grounds for a replacement/repair? And also, will I have to get rid of root if it is grounds for either? (I figured it's a hardware issue instead of software and it was that way from purchase a week or so ago)

And if so, how do I go about unrooting it? I don't seem to be able to find a guide on the internet. Supersu has an unroot function but I'm guessing that won't entirely unroot it, or get rid of the custom recovery.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Screen click

Anyone got an answer?

Quote Originally Posted by that_guy20 View Post
    Anyone got an answer?
    Its a tough answer that's why your not getting much response with that said have you tried pushing the side and seeing if it sticks in permanently and with regards to unrooting you could (if you've got one) use your PC/laptop to flash the original os that came with your tablet when you bought it.. Try that !

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I can't seem to find the one for UK. It's like, BTU or something. I can find a EUR version of the official firmware, but it says "Greece" which I'm assuming wouldn't be the same as the UK one. But either way, even if I had all the files, I have absolutely no idea what to even press in Odin or any of that. No one seems to know what to do. Stumped. I've asked on multiple forums and no hope. Thanks for your help anyways!

I have tried sticking it down - but the harder I push it, the more pressure feedback I get off of the screen and I'm afraid I will damage it. I emailed Samsung about it, and they told me to go to a "walk in centre" and when I said there were none in this country I think they were going to sort out a replacement/repair by picking it up. However before I do any of this, I NEED to find out how to get it back to stock for warranty.

EDIT: Found the files. http://www.tsar3000.com/Joomla/index...sung&Itemid=82

Now all I need to know is how to do it. :P I have odin 3.07, and that's all I know.
    Last edited by that_guy20; 01-08-2014 at 08:26 AM.