Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By brosko
  • 1 Post By Michael Vieux
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Would you recommend the Tab 3 8 inch?

I'm looking into buying my first tablet. I'm not looking for anything outstanding, I just want something to casually browse the web, check Twitter, FB etc, and watch Netflix. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is currently on sale at my local Future Shop for $229, but I'm seeing mixed reviews on performance. I want to know from people who actually use it, is it a good tablet for my purposes?

Default Re: Would you recommend the Tab 3 8 inch?

It's a brilliant tablet. Well recommend.
    Does everything nicely battery ladt forever I never switch it off. Deff buy it

Posted via Android Central App

I love mine. It will be perfect for what you need. Easy and reliable tablet.

I own a Tab 3 8.0 and definitely recommend it, especially at the price you cited. More capable than than the Tab 3 7.0 - multi-window capability, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
    I own a Tab 3 8.0 and definitely recommend it, especially at the price you cited. More capable than than the Tab 3 7.0 - multi-window capability, for example.
    Not only more capable but a much nicer tablet than the 7 in every single way. I just got my son a tab 3 7 and was suprised at much better the 8 is.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and advice, I'll be picking my Tab 3 8 inch on Friday!

@Brosko: I was actually looking at the seven inch model during Boxing Day sales, but read a review that for some reason, the 8 inch Tab 3 is really the only one worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by charleyd View Post
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and advice, I'll be picking my Tab 3 8 inch on Friday!

@Brosko: I was actually looking at the seven inch model during Boxing Day sales, but read a review that for some reason, the 8 inch Tab 3 is really the only one worth the money!
    the reasons are, more ram, faster processor, better screen, multi window, more "other" samsung goodies, better camera, better battery life, slightly newer version of android etc... it is better in everyway.
    dcharleyultra likes this.

Although I haven't used mine as much as possible due to having no case/screen protector I could see straight away this is the tablet to get. Cheap, cheerful, Samsung branded, 8" 720p display, multi-window etc. I live in the UK and picked mine up for a sale price of 179.99. I read the reviews and found that most people had returned their Nexus 7 in favor of this due to the extra inch. Apparently it makes all the more difference.

One thing that puzzles me is why this model is the one that got the most attention in terms of specs? Is it to rival the Nexus 7 or other tablets?

The 10.1" I see got the intel treatment with an Atom 1.6GHz DC CPU and 1GB RAM. Which comes out better of the two 8"/10.1" in terms of performance etc?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

It's funny to me too that they gave the good specs to just the one tablet. From what I've heard the other two aren't worth you're money at all. Oh well, I'm happy they did, because it seems to be just what I need, and it's really nice looking to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by charleyd View Post
    It's funny to me too that they gave the good specs to just the one tablet. From what I've heard the other two aren't worth you're money at all. Oh well, I'm happy they did, because it seems to be just what I need, and it's really nice looking to boot!
    I cant speak for the 10, but I got my son the 7 and am pretty disappointed. It's definitely the 8 all the way if you want the best samsung budget tab experience.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    I cant speak for the 10, but I got my son the 7 and am pretty disappointed. It's definitely the 8 all the way if you want the best samsung budget tab experience.
    I read some online reviews that the 8 is sort of the sweet spot, the 7 an ten just aren't the same.

I own 2 of the Tab 3 8.0 tablets, and would highly recommend them.

Don't pay any attention to the Web sites that cater to the Techies, they only like the bleeding edge, just released models.
    If you read their reviews you'll never be satisfied with any tablet. :-)

This tablet is fast, has a great screen, plenty of ram and memory, It's light and responsive. A great tablet and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Thanked by:
    Hurrycanejohn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Vieux View Post
    I own 2 of the Tab 3 8.0 tablets, and would highly recommend them.

Don't pay any attention to the Web sites that cater to the Techies, they only like the bleeding edge, just released models.
    If you read their reviews you'll never be satisfied with any tablet. :-)

This tablet is fast, has a great screen, plenty of ram and memory, It's light and responsive. A great tablet and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Well said!

Yes, get it. It is crisp, easy to use, and you can make it as simple or as sophisticated as you want with apps and tweaks (you need to be rooted). You can even use it to control your TV as a remote!!
    Newegg has it for $249 and refurbished for $219. In addition, promo code EMCPWPA23 gets you another 10% certain tablets, and I think the Tab 3 8 is one of them.

In addition, when you register it on the Samsung website, you get a bunch of goodies (google play $$, hulu plus, 3 free amazon books).

Stop thinking and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by nabril1569 View Post
    Yes, get it. It is crisp, easy to use, and you can make it as simple or as sophisticated as you want with apps and tweaks (you need to be rooted). You can even use it to control your TV as a remote!!
    Newegg has it for $249 and refurbished for $219. In addition, promo code EMCPWPA23 gets you another 10% certain tablets, and I think the Tab 3 8 is one of them.

In addition, when you register it on the Samsung website, you get a bunch of goodies (google play $$, hulu plus, 3 free amazon books).

Stop thinking and get it.
    That sounds like a great incentive! After all is said and done you'll have the yab at a great price and the samsung goodies are cool too!

Love the 8 inch tab 3! Hope you do too!!

Pretty sure you will love the Tab 3.8. I bought an Asus memo HD7 but it had a fault on it as did the replacement. Finally got the Tab 3.8. for extra money but it was well worth it. The camera is not good but similar to the Asus but is still usable. All other aspects of the Tab have been beyond expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by orion430 View Post
    Pretty sure you will love the Tab 3.8. I bought an Asus memo HD7 but it had a fault on it as did the replacement. Finally got the Tab 3.8. for extra money but it was well worth it. The camera is not good but similar to the Asus but is still usable. All other aspects of the Tab have been beyond expectations.

I think the camera is actually pretty decent considering it is a tablet. Compared to previous Samsung tabs it is an improvement I think.

Yeah 8.0 has bigger viewing area, more pixels and better camera than 7.0 ....it's worth the $100 more than the stripped-down 7.0 wifi and a good alternative to the more powerful 7.0 LTE...which still has that basic camera. I am currently using the Swype keyboard in split typing mode to good effect, so the extra inch would not have been a burden to thumb typing.