- 2 Posts
Tab 3 connectable to an External Hard Drive?
I have just purchased a Samsung Tab 3 and would like to connect an external hard drive to it so that I can store pictures, etc.
Is anyone familiar with this kind of set up? Are there external hard drives that work better than others for this kind of need? If so, what are they?
I currently have a WD 1 TB My Passport external HD and formatted it with exFAT, connected it to my Tab with a OTG cord with power and the HD is still not recognized. What am I doing wrong?
Or is WD not Android friendly? Is Seagate a better option?
- 01-07-2014, 01:07 PM #2
- 01-07-2014, 04:00 PM #4
- 12 Posts
Re: Tab 3 connectable to an External Hard Drive?
I was about to say it could be due to it being formatted in exFAT but evidently not as I've just formatted a standard 8GB stick to exFAT and it works fine with my GS4.
I think the problem could lie with the particular hard drive you have. From what I can gather not all external hard drives will work due to power requirements etc.
My Toshiba 2.5" Alu 320GB Ext. HDD is reconised fine by my GS4 but says it's an unsupported file system. I could presume this is due to it being an NTFS formatted drive. Are you sure your cable is working? Try plugging in a flash drive or keyboard/mouse to see if it actually works fine.
- By Kieran Donnelly in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-13-2014, 04:54 AM
- By irkorn18 in forum Samsung ReplenishReplies: 5Last Post: 01-09-2014, 04:32 PM
- By mbalsaritchie in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 01-09-2014, 12:10 AM
- By pbc in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 7Last Post: 01-07-2014, 01:14 PM
- By Jorge_O in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 01-07-2014, 08:22 AM