1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 - 2 Questions

1. First off, I love my new Tab, I got it for Christmas to replace my iPad and it is really fast and responsive. If I have one complaint is, whenever I've been looking at an app (doesn't appear to matter what one) for a while, say Facebook and then I hit the home button to go the home screen, it will take about 5-8 seconds to load my home screen with all the apps and things I have. Now I don't have that much, just like 6 folders, the Google search bar and the Weather Channel widget. Just a minor gripe, but does anyone else experience this too and do you have a fix for it?

2. When, if ever, will the Tab 3 get the KitKat update? Just curious if anyone has heard anything about this.

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 - 2 Questions

I have tab 3 8 and dont notice more than a half a second delay when pressing home button. As far as kk, dont bet on it being anytime soon, maybe hy next christmas if were lucky.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I seem to have resolved the home button issue by using Nova Launcher instead of TouchWiz. Yeah, I figured the KitKat would take a while to get here but hey, one can dream right?

Hi I have a tab 3 10.1 and have problems with it intermittently turning itself off. Was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and knows of a fix other than having to return it? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by richblue67 View Post
    Hi I have a tab 3 10.1 and have problems with it intermittently turning itself off. Was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and knows of a fix other than having to return it? thanks in advance
    how often does it turn off on you?

I used to have the problem with my tab 3 10.1 taking about 3 - 5 seconds to reach the homescreen after pressing the home button from any app. I got rid of Samsung's weather and news widget and now it immediately reaches the homescreen. I'm using HD widget for my weather widget. I also got rid of any unnecessary homescreens. I only have 2 at the moment. Disabling S-voice also speeds up the home button.

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    how often does it turn off on you?
    It is intermittently turning off sometimes it can turn off simply by being picked up or put down then I can tap it and it goes off but I can turn it back on and do the same things and it stays on without a problem!!!

Yes. Mine did the same thing. Being very familiar with electronics and physics I quickly isolated it to the magnetic cover switch connection to the circutboard. The problem is you have to go through the "warranty" proceedure which means you have to talk to the tech support people who will tell you to do all the things you have already done, ie reboot, reboot without the sd card, do a factory reset and restore from your backup, etc.
    To test your tablet, turn it on and go to any screen and then gently flex the chassis, ie hold it by diagonal corners and press with a thumb on the center area of the backside. Gentle but firm pressure, your tablet should instantly turn off, not like a shutdown command with swirling screen etc but off like you pulled the battery out.
    Get a RMA to return. I had to send mine in twice but they were guick to process and return it.
    I didn't tear mine down as it was under warranty but I suspect a bad solder joint or contact of the magnetic cover switch.
    Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 3:

One other thing, mine would turn off like it had mind of it's own, sometimes just sitting unused on a table it would turn off, somtimes just opening or closing the cover would do it, somtimes during use.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2: