How can iOS 7 have a better gMail app custom signature option than Android?

LouKang

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I just can't fathom how the apple iOS 7 Gmail app allows me to send emails with a totally customized signature (including fonts and my company image). However, with the Android Gmail app using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 I can't even change the font for the signature...

I tried copy / pasting from a google doc, and it just changes the font and formatting, and of course their is now way to import the image.

So in summation: Android version of Gmail doesn't permit customized signatures or images in signatures. Apple iOS 7 Gmail app allows you to send the exact same signature including images as the fully featured PC version.

I have to be missing something. There must be some way to duplicate an actual signature including fonts, formatting, and an image. My brain refuses to accept apple has a better Gmail app.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just can't fathom how the apple iOS 7 Gmail app allows me to send emails with a totally customized signature (including fonts and my company image). However, with the Android Gmail app using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 I can't even change the font for the signature...

I tried copy / pasting from a google doc, and it just changes the font and formatting, and of course their is now way to import the image.

So in summation: Android version of Gmail doesn't permit customized signatures or images in signatures. Apple iOS 7 Gmail app allows you to send the exact same signature including images as the fully featured PC version.

I have to be missing something. There must be some way to duplicate an actual signature including fonts, formatting, and an image. My brain refuses to accept apple has a better Gmail app.

unfortunately i don't see a way to do it either. I dont think you can do it.. Google just added vacation respond option. maybe they will improve this soon

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Google Android apps have never really been that full featured. With the exception of Pre version 7 of maps, now they've turned that into a visually appealing shell of what it used to be.
I'm not surprised that the IOS version has more options.
Pretty sad when you consider that Android is Goggle's OS, you would think they would make their own apps an example of what was possible with the OS.

Have you tried one of the third party Email apps? They usually have more features than Gmail.