Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab 3 - Installing Apps to External SD Card

Hey guys, I just got the Galaxy Tab 3 8" along with a 32gb SD Card. Now i figured out how to move apps and their data from internal to External card. Now my question is, would there happen to be a way to install the data from the apps directly onto the SD Card by default? BTW...my device is rooted. Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 - Installing Apps to External SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by joe navaroo View Post
    Hey guys, I just got the Galaxy Tab 3 8" along with a 32gb SD Card. Now i figured out how to move apps and their data from internal to External card. Now my question is, would there happen to be a way to install the data from the apps directly onto the SD Card by default? BTW...my device is rooted. Thanks
    Not all the application allows to be moved down to the SD card if you are still with the Jelly Bean version, !!

Quote Originally Posted by joe navaroo View Post

It would be an option in the settings of the app if it's possible, not all apps allow the data to be moved.

As far as I can tell, you have to always go through the [tedious] process of moving the app to sd following initial installation to internal memory. Part of this has to do with the app-to-sd implementation by Samsung requiring at least a small footprint of the app to always reside on internal memory even if most of it is moved to sd. In fact, android does not support this capability natively in its most recent versions because of the potential for instabilities and risk of data loss due to the widely varying performance and quality associated with sd cards. Samsung has included it only after being hounded by their customers, because the alternative (providing large amounts of internal storage) is cost prohibitive.

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app

My son's had an 8gb samsung tablet. The OS and preinstalled stuff takes up 5.5 gb. He installed the Batman game 2gb and now its full. Not very well thought out! The move to SD card only moves the app apk file, the "additional data required for game" is 1.7gb and stays on the SD. Same issue with one of the Golf games we play.

There must be a better solution?