Galaxy Tab 3: Software Update

Kurtisha Brister

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting the same software update notification in my task bar. When I first powered on my tablet, of course it was normal. I did the update. But the prompt keeps coming back as if I havent updated. I will say that I have clicked it twice thinking it was a different update, but it wasnt.

Update details say for improved stability, and the packag size is 10.63 MB. Does anyone know what Im talking about? How do I make this go away?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-15-18-58-30.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-15-18-58-30.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Software Update

I keep getting the same software update notification in my task bar. When I first powered on my tablet, of course it was normal. I did the update. But the prompt keeps coming back as if I havent updated. I will say that I have clicked it twice thinking it was a different update, but it wasnt.

Update details say for improved stability, and the packag size is 10.63 MB. Does anyone know what Im talking about? How do I make this go away?

I remember getting this exact update fairly recently, but only ONCE. I'm sorry but I don't know why yours keeps wanting to update over and over again. I'm sure by what you said it's the same update so it doesn't make sense. To make it go away you can go to settings>about device>update and then uncheck auto update. That should stop the tablet from looking for updates I think.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Are you completely sure the original update completed? What happens if you let the update attempt to install? I agree with another poster thst said you should allow it to install to be sure it isn't actually a new, similar sized update. Take a screen shot of your device information including build number before and after the update to see if it changed. Also, you might want to post which model of tab 3 you are updating since the various versions get different updates.

Sent from my SM-T217S using AC Forums mobile app

talos2

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I have found I get more reliable updates by connecting my charging lead and just leaving it to get on with it, some of my previous updates on this and other tablets failed because of low power or other applications cutting in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance