Multi window on Galaxy Tab 3

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to figure out if and how the multi window works on the Tab3?
I have the 10.1 and can't seem to find the setting anywhere to turn it on.
However Samsung tweeted this earlier- Watch "Galaxy Tab 3 - Multi Window" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWPMs613nYU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Is it possible? Does anyone else here have it on their Tab 3?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hate to tell you this but the tab 3 10.1 doesn't have multi screen. The 8.0" version is the only one of the series that has this feature.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Really. Well that's frigging gay! I wonder who the numpty at Samsung was that thought that would be a good idea.

Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Really. Well that's frigging gay! I wonder who the numpty at Samsung was that thought that would be a good idea.

You are absolutely right! It's ridiculous especially considering the 10" screen would be perfect for multi screen. Downright stupid!

denschwindt

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
up in the notification drawer theres a multi-window icon. tick it so its lit up close drawer or go to settings===display===multi-window and go back to home screen. then on home screen on center left of screen, tap the arrow and long hold the app u wanna open and drag it out of the app strip. im useing the sprint galaxy tab 3.7.0 SM-T217S.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
None of those options exist on the 10.1
umy3u7uh.jpg

a4u9e4y3.jpg

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
They don't exist because like I already said the 10.1 doesn't have multi window. Don't know of why but unfortunately that is the case.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
up in the notification drawer theres a multi-window icon. tick it so its lit up close drawer or go to settings===display===multi-window and go back to home screen. then on home screen on center left of screen, tap the arrow and long hold the app u wanna open and drag it out of the app strip. im useing the sprint galaxy tab 3.7.0 SM-T217S.

I think your 7 has it because it is a sprint model. The wifi versions of the 7 & 10 do not have multi window, only the 8 has it.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The fact that there is even a 7 inch out there that has it makes me even more bewildered!
I would say, hopefully this would come in the next update, but I don't think that will be happening any time soon.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
The fact that there is even a 7 inch out there that has it makes me even more bewildered!
I would say, hopefully this would come in the next update, but I don't think that will be happening any time soon.

I agree completely. You could definitely utilize the multi window feature more on a 10" screen.
I am am dumbfounded why Samsung chooses to do what they so. I mean it's not like the 10 doesn't have the specs to run multi window.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah no kidding. The specs on the 10.1 was half the reason I went with that one over the 7 or 8 inch. I guess I should have played with it in the store a bit more.
Multi Window doesn't make or break the tablet, but like you said, it would be really enjoyable on the 10.1.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Actually it doesn't have better specs than the 8. Only a slightly faster processor but less ram an inferior camera and inferior screen just to name a few. Not to mention the lack of options when compared to the 8 (multi window only being 1). As far as compared to the 7, it IS better that one in every way. In mine, and I think the majority of the people in this forum the 8 is by far the best of the three.

denschwindt

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I think your 7 has it because it is a sprint model. The wifi versions of the 7 & 10 do not have multi window, only the 8 has it.

that really sucks. ya you would think a tab with a 10 inch screen would have it...lots of space. who knows maybe they have something else in mind in an upcomming update like windows on a computer. youll beable to open more apps and have more windows open at once like 3 or 4. that would be cool to have it like on a computer but it may be wishful thinking. we'll see what they cook up though. sorry for the mis-information bud...

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
It's pretty strange that Samsung left off the Multi window function on the 10.1, but I guess with Samsung we shouldn't assume anything.

I guess on all future purchases we will really have to do our research and make sure that we actually get what we assume we are getting in a tablet.

Posted via Android Central App

denschwindt

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
well like u said with samsung don't assume anything. they may bring out an update with something up their sleeves. guess just gotta wsit n see. personally, I dont use it much but if they would come up with something like on windows pc where u can open several windows, that would b cool. I know that tab has the capability to do it.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing it's because the Tab 3 10.1 only has 1GB of RAM? (Which is equally stupid)

The 8.0 and the Sprint 7.0 both have 1.5GB.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Actually it doesn't have better specs than the 8. Only a slightly faster processor but less ram an inferior camera and inferior screen just to name a few. Not to mention the lack of options when compared to the 8 (multi window only being 1). As far as compared to the 7, it IS better that one in every way. In mine, and I think the majority of the people in this forum the 8 is by far the best of the three.
Exactly why I got the GT 3 8.0 when I replaced my GT 7.0 Plus. Also, since I already own a Note 10.1 that has multi-windows, I knew that I definitely wanted multi-windows on my GT 3.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to figure out if and how the multi window works on the Tab3?
I have the 10.1 and can't seem to find the setting anywhere to turn it on.
However Samsung tweeted this earlier- Watch "Galaxy Tab 3 - Multi Window" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWPMs613nYU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Is it possible? Does anyone else here have it on their Tab 3?

It sucks that the 10 inch tablet doesn't have it and our Sprint GT3 7" has multiwindow.

My GT3 has Android 4.2.2.
How about yours, does it have 4.1 or 4.2?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Exactly why I got the GT 3 8.0 when I replaced my GT 7.0 Plus. Also, since I already own a Note 10.1 that has multi-windows, I knew that I definitely wanted multi-windows on my GT 3.

I have the 8 also. It's definitely the best of the three. Now I got my eyes on the tab pro 8.4 that's coming out soon. That thing looks like a beast of a tablet!