Connecting SD card from camera to Tab 3

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My friend has a GT-P5210 and would like to transfer photos from her digital camera which uses an SD HC card directly to her Tab 3. I suggested that she gets the following:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/aLLreli-Cam...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3411182

Although the supported devices don't mention the Tab 3, one of the reviewers said that they have used it to transfer files from their laptop/phone to their Tab 3.

Anyway, I can't seem to get it working so was wondering if I need to get a 30 pin female to microusb adapter in order for it to work.

Would something like this work:
30 Pin Female to Micro USB Male | eBay

If not, is there any other way for her to transfer files directly from her camera's SD card to her Tab 3 without having to copy to a laptop/pc or using a microsd card in an SD adapter?

Thanks for any help.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Some progress...

Managed to connect the SD card to the Tab 3 using the female USB to microUSB adapter which was included with an SD to USB adapter. Seems that problem is resolved.

However, would it still be possible to use multi-function OTG connecton device (first link above) with the tab 3 if I do get a 30 pin to female microUSB adapter (second link in first post)?

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Some progress...

Managed to connect the SD card to the Tab 3 using the female USB to microUSB adapter which was included with an SD to USB adapter. Seems that problem is resolved.

However, would it still be possible to use multi-function OTG connecton device (first link above) with the tab 3 if I do get a 30 pin to female microUSB adapter (second link in first post)?

Isn't she using a Samsung a Tab3 ? You should be able to use an OTG cable and any USB card reader.
Unless the 10" is different from my Tab3 8" , this is what I do all the time.

I wasn't aware the Tab 3 10.1 still used the 30 pin connector.

This is the combination I use with my Tab 3 8.0 for transferring photos from camera

Amazon.com : eForCity SDHC / SD / MMC Memory Card Reader to USB 2.0 Adapter, Smoke : Multi Format Card Readers : Computers & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY®-Right...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3412021

As soon as the combination of card reader and OTG cable is plugged in the Samsung My File app opens with the card listed.