1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 recognizes being plugged in but not charging

So my Tab 3 all the sudden decided not charge.. it will recognize it is plugged in and show the red x over the battery indicating its not charging. It does this either through the power adapter or USB. Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    13,997 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 recognizes being plugged in but not charging

Quote Originally Posted by chickenteeth View Post
    So my Tab 3 all the sudden decided not charge.. it will recognize it is plugged in and show the red x over the battery indicating its not charging. It does this either through the power adapter or USB. Any suggestions?
    Quick test would be to try another charger like your phone charger. If it doesn't take a charge it is at least the cable.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 recognizes being plugged in but not charging

Quote Originally Posted by chickenteeth View Post
    Looks like you may be using an incompatible Charger or USB cable,
    this is a common problem with Samsung Tablets. Many chargers on Amazon state they will not work with Samsung Tablets,
    My Tab3 8.0 displays the same problem when I try to charge from a PC (not enough amps) or one of my Car chargers (designed to be used with an iphone.)
    It also does this if the AC charger doesn't have enough amps, requires 2 amp charger designed for Android.

Hope this helps.