1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default moving mp4 to extsd card, then can no longer watch video

I moved a couple videos to an external sd card an then I moved them back to tablet memory and now I cant play them. They were fine after first move. I could play them from extsd. Then I had to move them back to tabletsd and now it has a question mark as the icon and says "the file format is not supported" . Under properties it gives video name .mp4.ksd Type unknown file and then the file size is still 35mb. Just tryin to get videos back. Anyone know what I did and how to get them back? Thanks

Default Re: moving mp4 to extsd card, then can no longer watch video

It may be a cheap sd card. I once bought a cheap 64gb card for my note and it would only play a very small portion of the files there. It would also erase some movies when restarting the phone. Try a different card and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by coggz77 View Post
    I moved a couple videos to an external sd card an then I moved them back to tablet memory and now I cant play them. They were fine after first move. I could play them from extsd. Then I had to move them back to tabletsd and now it has a question mark as the icon and says "the file format is not supported" . Under properties it gives video name .mp4.ksd Type unknown file and then the file size is still 35mb. Just tryin to get videos back. Anyone know what I did and how to get them back? Thanks

Change the Extension of the file to remove the .ksd, and they should work.
    What method or app did you use to move the file back to the internal storage?
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My Files. What android already had on my tablet. Polaris office is also on there but im pretty sure i used MyFiles to do it. How would I remove .ksd? Just edit name of file?
    Last edited by coggz77; 01-28-2014 at 12:39 PM.

MyFiles doesn't allow you to change the extension.

Download ES File explorer from Google Play store.
    Long press the file and a row of commands will pop up on the bottom of the screen, choose Rename.
    In the box that pops up with the name, delete the .kds and leave everything else the same.

I would suggest using ES File Explorer (or Astro) to move files in the future, it won't change the files extension. Plus it offers more options than MyFiles.
    Thanked by:

File Manager HD (Tablet) is another alternative