Tab 3 7.0 should be getting update very soon

Gates59

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Well I guess all the Samsung tab 3 7.0 should be getting the update to android 4.2 very soon. The reason I say that is the new tab 3 7.0 lite is coming out this month with almost the same specs and it comes from factory with 4.2. Will see.

Gates59

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
It has only a 2mp rear camera and no front camera and I guess that is a proximity sensor on the front. They removed that too. Smaller battery too. The rest seems the same.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
The other sensor on the front next to the camera is the ambient light sensor (used to adjust auto brightness)

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a *real* Tab 3 7.0 kids edition :/ I sincerely hope that with a smaller battery it is not still prone to the battery bricking issue some users have reported. Considering the current Wifi model is running what, $130usd online. This would be a $100 tablet? Weaker rear camera, no video chat no auto brightness. It better still have at least 8GB and microSD support or the 4.2 Android will be wasted on it. The best outcome of this would be existing Wifi models finally getting app2sd support.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
You cant really make the tab 3 7.0 any "more lite" than it already is. I got the 7 for my son and realized what a downgrade it is compared to the 8.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
How's the 8

Posted via Android Central App

Much faster, smoother, better screen. Runs games better with less choppiness. Boots up faster. It has a better camera. It Has multi window and also a few more of the other samsung features. Too me it just feels like a better tablet.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the 7.0 LTE is tons better than 7.0 wifi model and faster than 8.0 even. The 8.0 *does* have more pixels and a better rear camera I think, and I suspect battery life is a wash. For size consideration my 7.0 is literally the biggest thing that fits my shirt/jacket pockets so 8.0 is right out for me. That being said the 8.0 could be a good match for some people at ~~$200 for what it offers.

epsato

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any updates on the OS update?

I'm very irked at having spent $140 on an overpriced paperweight. Without App2SD support, my Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 wifi edition is probably the most worthless piece of technology ever invented.

Between the anemic internal memory, the lack of external sd support or the craptastic screen resolution, I've regretted this purchase ever since making it. All I hear is that the App2SD support will be a part of the upgrade to 4.2.2.

However, the LITE version of the tab 3 is already available in stores. So where the heck is the update? No # of calls to Samsung has yielded any information. Does ANYONE know when this updates coming? If not, anyone want to buy a barely used Galaxy Tab 3 7.0?

I'm very annoyed by Samsung's blatant disregard for those of us who own these frak-all awful tablets. What a curse upon humanity these plastic pieces of junk are!

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I feel that your pretense of extemporaneous invective was more a prepared statement of inadequacy. You seem to have not done any research nor sought good advice before making your purchase. Furthermore you write as though your only regret is that it does not have the same specs on paper as a Nexus 7. Not one word about what you've tried to do with it thus far. "No # of calls to Samsung" ....you may need medication or therapy if this is stressing you out so much.

And hey, assuming you didn't just steal what you thought was an iPad at the time....how much?

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Received a small 5mb update yesterday ... still on 4.1.2

Posted from my Galaxy Tab 3 via Android Central App

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I hope to see some big changes. I bought my 7" Tab 3 on impulse and love this little bugger, even though it's running a dated build right out of the box, having some new features is always a bonus.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3 via tin cans and string.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
On the bright side, most of the serious BS stemming from KitKat should be patched up in the Play market by then. Lots of issues with SD access and a couple more obscure permissions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith