Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Taylor McCartney
  • 1 Post By brosko
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Connecting to Wifi Issue

My daughter has the Kids version, the yellow one. We had to trade it in for a new one within 2 weeks of receiving it. Then this one was working perfect, but the other day I tried to access google play and it just kept saying, Not connected to wifi with a button RETRY. I checked the connection on the device, it said it was connected to our xfinity wifi profile. I dissconnect, and reconnect, restart it, says its connected, and I still cant get into google play. Did my daughter hit something and turn wifi off completely or what? I set up the wifi in adult mode. Please help, I need to get my daughter some new apps and movies on her device.

Default Re: Connecting to Wifi Issue

Welcome to Android Central! Try rebooting the router by unplugging the power from it for 10 seconds, then plugging back in.

AH. Don't forget to check the date/time, it can make connections break. Did you return the first one because it would not turn on? If so it was probably a known issue with running the battery completely flat.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Try rebooting the router by unplugging the power from it for 10 seconds, then plugging back in.
    Would it be a router problem if our other laptops and tablets connect fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor McCartney View Post
    Would it be a router problem if our other laptops and tablets connect fine?
    It can happen. There have been plenty of times where my computers and phone are connecting fine, but my tablet has problems until I reboot the router.

These things do that constantly! Either the date and/or time are incorrect and correcting that will fix it or just clear the cache on the play store.
    My sons tab 3 7.0 kids edition does this every 2 or 3 days. It has become an extremely annoying routine.
    Thanked by:

So glad I got the LTE, no such issues in a month.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    These things do that constantly! Either the date and/or time are incorrect and correcting that will fix it or just clear the cache on the play store.
    My sons tab 3 7.0 kids edition does this every 2 or 3 days. It has become an extremely annoying routine.
    It worked!! Thank you so much! I never would have thought of that. Glad I stumbled upon this forum, and will probably be back frequently whenever I am having issues with anything! Thanks again you guys!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Good call, brosko! Taylor, can you tell us specifically what worked? Was it adjusting the date/time, or clearing the Play Store cache?

If it's the date/time trick, I'll add that to my guide ([GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems).
    Thanked by:
    brosko 

Whether it was date and time issue in this persons case or not I think you should definitely add it to the guide. I have seen here and on numberous other forums this same issue discussed and turn out to be the same date and time problem. This is common it seems with samsung devices, I had this problem with a galaxy player over 2 years ago. Luckily my sgt 3 8.0 doesn't do it.

Whether it was date and time issue in this persons case or not I think you should definitely add it to the guide. I have seen here and on numberous other forums this same issue discussed and turn out to be the same date and time problem. This is common it seems with samsung devices, I had this problem with a galaxy player over 2 years ago. Luckily my sgt 3 8.0 doesn't do it.
    So does this usually happen only if the date/time is set to manual, or can it occur as well even if it's set to automatic? Or what if the time is set to automatic, but the manual time zone setting is wrong?

I dont see any option to change the time/date setting to auto or manual. When you boot the device up the first time you select time zone and that's it.(If I remember correctly the device does have the time right automatically)
    With my sons I selected time zone like normal and everything was fine and still the time and date are mysteriously set back to January 2011 or something like that.

Oh right, I recall now that the Tab 3 strangely doesn't give any option for Automatic Date & Time vs manually setting it. Most other devices have that option.

Oh right, I recall now that the Tab 3 strangely doesn't give any option for Automatic Date & Time vs manually setting it. Most other devices have that option.
    Yup, we discussed that on another thread not too long ago. Very strange(and a real pita when it resets if you ask me). This is one of the things I like better about my n7!
    B. Diddy likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Good call, brosko! Taylor, can you tell us specifically what worked? Was it adjusting the date/time, or clearing the Play Store cache?

If it's the date/time trick, I'll add that to my guide ([GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems).
    The date and time trick!
    Thanked by:

Yup, we discussed that on another thread not too long ago. Very strange(and a real pita when it resets if you ask me). This is one of the things I like better about my n7!
    Modified my guide, and gave you props!
    Thanked by:
    brosko 
    brosko likes this.