Galaxy Tab 3 froze-then turned off and won't acknowledge anything

NitWitty

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
My Tab 3 froze when an application I opened was loading. I tried to press the home button or the back button but it did not acknowledge it. Shutting it down didn't work either. I also tried taking the charger out and then putting it in again. (I'd been charging the Tab 3 when it happened-usually when I use it during charging [always less than 5 minutes] it works fine.) By then, I tried to let it go dead by unplugging the charger. After about 30-40 minutes, I checked on the Tab 3 and it's screen had finally turned black, yet it would not turn on. So I plugged it in again, and after about 10 minutes, it still hadn't acknowledged being charged. The screen is still black and won't turn on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
You had a software bug and now you gave yourself a battery bug. See the "tab will not turn on" threads about the battery.

Do not do any nonsense with the cache partition, if your Tab freezes you should be able to reboot by holding power for a very long time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but wiping the cache partition isn't always nonsense. It has helped many people with various issues, and it's harmless to try.

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
"It will not turn on" << the battery bug probably

Althought...op said it died less than 40min after being unplugged? So the battery was very low to begin with?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I also wanted to see if the OP was able to boot into Recovery, which can help in situations where a device won't turn on normally.

Posted via Android Central App

justice16

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
i have a similar problem with my samsung tab3 lite but i have 56% of battery left, 1st thing that happened was the screen image went distorted then turned itself off, tried turning it on again and nothing happened. tried pressing it longer but still nothing happened. i did the "Reset" but i never get past step 2. "samsung galaxy tab 3 lite" logo came up to screen but its gone right away. i tried to do it again and got the same result. on my 3rd try nothing came up this time. not even a blink.

anoix90

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
My Tab 3 froze when an application I opened was loading. I tried to press the home button or the back button but it did not acknowledge it. Shutting it down didn't work either. I also tried taking the charger out and then putting it in again. (I'd been charging the Tab 3 when it happened-usually when I use it during charging [always less than 5 minutes] it works fine.) By then, I tried to let it go dead by unplugging the charger. After about 30-40 minutes, I checked on the Tab 3 and it's screen had finally turned black, yet it would not turn on. So I plugged it in again, and after about 10 minutes, it still hadn't acknowledged being charged. The screen is still black and won't turn on.

anoix90

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I've owned 2 tab 3.this is what you do hold power button then press volume button up at same time will shut it off and you can go back and restart in seconds.

adriana culea

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
samsung tab3 kids

Hi,I have a samsung tab3 kids for 1 week,he stop working ,I trye open and show me the tab3 kids and after this just the image with black and samsung and stay like that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol