Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab 3 froze-then turned off and won't acknowledge anything

My Tab 3 froze when an application I opened was loading. I tried to press the home button or the back button but it did not acknowledge it. Shutting it down didn't work either. I also tried taking the charger out and then putting it in again. (I'd been charging the Tab 3 when it happened-usually when I use it during charging [always less than 5 minutes] it works fine.) By then, I tried to let it go dead by unplugging the charger. After about 30-40 minutes, I checked on the Tab 3 and it's screen had finally turned black, yet it would not turn on. So I plugged it in again, and after about 10 minutes, it still hadn't acknowledged being charged. The screen is still black and won't turn on.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-21-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 froze-then turned off and won't acknowledge anything

Have you tried to press and hold the power button for a really long time (like 30-40seconds)?

Welcome to Android Central! If you haven't done so already, try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition. Follow these steps, but at Step 4, instead of selecting "wipe data/factory reset," make sure you select "wipe cache partition." Then select "reboot system now."
    Perform a hardware factory reset - Samsung Galaxy Tab® 3

You had a software bug and now you gave yourself a battery bug. See the "tab will not turn on" threads about the battery.

Do not do any nonsense with the cache partition, if your Tab freezes you should be able to reboot by holding power for a very long time.

Thanks for your reply, but wiping the cache partition isn't always nonsense. It has helped many people with various issues, and it's harmless to try.

Posted via Android Central App

"It will not turn on" << the battery bug probably

Althought...op said it died less than 40min after being unplugged? So the battery was very low to begin with?

I also wanted to see if the OP was able to boot into Recovery, which can help in situations where a device won't turn on normally.

But hopefully you're right about the battery bug.